Screensaver / sleep display not working properly?
I'm running XBMC 10.0 on Windows XP (specifically MicroXP), on a PC with 512MB of ram, a 2.8Ghz P4 CPU and a 128MB Radeon X600.

I have the screensaver (dim) set to turn on after 3 minutes and the "Put display to sleep when idle" setting set to 5 minutes. After 3 minutes the screensaver kicks on (although sometimes it doesn't). But then after a while, maybe a minute or two, the screensaver shuts off as if the mouse had been moved or a key had been pressed even though one hadn't. If this doesn't happen, the screen will eventually go into sleep mode, but then after a minute or two it will come back on on its own.

This only happens within XBMC. When XBMC isn't running, the windows screensaver and power options work as expected.

I was setting this system up to give to my sister and her family for Christmas. Everything else is all but ready. But I can't give it to them like this, since they have a plasma TV and I know someone is going to leave it running and destroy their screen.

Any solution to this would be very appreciated.

Edit: It seems fullscreen window works around this issue. What are the draw backs to running in this mode? How is it different from normal fullscreen (maybe I can find the root cause)?
Check out my post http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=670209

I think you have the same issue Smile
Definitely looks like the same basic issue. Except it would be DirectX instead of SDL, as I'm using the DirectX port. I don't have this issue on my own machine running Windows 7, and DirectX 11, so it makes sense.

I know that XBMC overrides the Windows screensaver, but it seems odd for it to override its own screensaver. If I had more time I'd try to find out exactly what event is being triggered that wakes it back up.

The "fullscreen window" workaround seems to work ok. I'm not seeing the tearing others have mentioned. The only real difference I've noticed is the mouse lags a lot, but I'm using a gamepad for control anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver / sleep display not working properly?0