xbmc 10 crash then reboot on attempted video playback, logs within.
hiSmile

just done a fresh clean of xbmc 10 install on a zotac zboxhd, 2gb ram and 32gb ssd. burnt to a cd and installed via an external usb cd drive.

any time i try and select a video to play i get the "working" icon, it then hangs/crashes, then reboots. this happens whether the file is local or on my server.

from what i've read i think i need to post the xbmc.old file? so thats the one i've upped.

http://pastebin.com/w0uRBngi

(hope this is right first time ive accessed the log files etc).

skin name - confluence (does the same on alaska also)

version - xbmc 10 r35648

container - .mkv

many thanks for your timeSmile
bumpSmile
Do not bump so soon. 24hrs at least to give everyone around the world time to see it. Bad etiquette.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
whoops, sorry my badSad
Quote:12:08:43 T:2740165488 M:1808666624 ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: The system does not have enough resources to complete the requested operation at this time.(23) at VDPAU.cpp:905

Looking at that, I would imagine you have an onboard GFX card in the machine and you need to assign more RAM in the BIOS to it. That's my best bet though. Check out if you have a xbmc-crashlog (name similar to that) in the XBMC users home directory and post that.

Or maybe you had some boot option which was removed in the upgrade. Did you take a backup? If so, check out the configuration files for Grub/Lilo (I forget where grub stores it's files, but lilo stores it's in /etc/lilo.conf).
Praesten thank you!

i'd updated the bios on the zotac and for some reason it had reset the " iGPU Frame Buffer Size" (thus named to confuse me a liitle more) to 64mb, i just had to track it down in the bios and set back to 512 and now all vids are playing great!

now to sort out my next problem, no sound over hdmiSad

thanks againSmile
No problem, glad it worked out.

You should make a new post for the other issue (with logs like this one), the rules are 1 topic / thread (I recently made the same mistake).
great, and thanks for the adviceSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc 10 crash then reboot on attempted video playback, logs within.0