Is it possible to use IMDb.com scraper for TV Shows and TV Show Episodes?
IMDB works great for my UFC collection but it moves my 170+ ppv into movies which is no good.

I would like to use imdb as a scraper for tv so that my ppv go into tvshows instead of movies.

Yea, i have tried making a playlist but my ufc fanart shows in my movies scren which doesnt look right.

Is it difficult to use imdb as a tv show scraper? Why not have both?
Is there anyone who found the solution?

As an example why i need it

I am trying desperately to add the tv Show "becoming human" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1829850/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 on the TVDB but it's impossible ... probably because there is a documentary with the same title!!!Confused
You can make your own NFO files.
XBMC will bypass the TVDB info then.
Use Ember Media Manager to download the episode information from TVDB and then edit them.
I use Media Center Master. You can force it to scrape specific shows from IMDB, TVDb, MovieDb, or TvRage. It will also download artwork, tvtunes, trailers, and write your XBMC .nfo files. If needed you can tell it to rename your media into SXXEYY format. Fairly good at determining movie vs. television but the option to force clears up issues. It isn't free if you want to use all the features though.

http://www.mediacentermaster.com/
I know that this thread is very old, but I have the same question.
Why can't we make use of imdb for tv show scraping?
Folks, just trying to bump this topic up... Has anyone created (or found) a way to add IMDB as the scraper for tv showsHuh

TVDB is seriously crap, and as the OP said, anyone not experiencing issues with it must not have a very big collection. Every one of my tv shows has scraped successfully, but none of the episodes are labeled correctly (ie they all have the wrong names, so if I click on ep 1, thinking I'm watching ep 1 it ends up being 8 or 12) and some it doesn't even find (I'm talking basic network shows that have been out for a few years, nothing obscure).

Has anyone figured this out yetHuh
New to the forum, usually just check it out for info when I have a problem, but I thought I'd logon to say, I agree with you about the quality of the information on theTVdb. It really is getting bad and they seem unwilling to adjust to the changing media landscape.
     Before switching to xbmc/kodi several years ago, I was happy with just the dnla scheme, just a picture and the movie/show, and serviio took care of every thing else. I had my batch files/dat files I would make from IMDB that would sort my downloads once they came down.. it took some time.. but I spent far less time cleaning up and hunting for shows information than I currently have to devote to cleaning up and watching videos just to match them up correctly after the TVDB screws them up. The current line up for "Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams" is out of sorts.. and it is locked... went to the forums and it basically says 'once a show is entered and locked, we may change it..but probably not', "The Graham Norton Show" is a tragedy, who ever enters it will denote a normal show as a "special" when it clearly is not, so when the torrent completes with the proper S/E the TVDB will scrape it with the erronious lineup info.
     But my all time biggest "URGGG" is the armchair goons, that instead of giving a plot or overview of the show without giving away the who, what, an wheres... They use it as a platform for spouting off their useless perspective on its history.
     One user inquired about the inclusion of DVD/BR extras.. Now as almost all TV shows and movies come with extra features, it would make sense to come to the conclusion that adaptation is required.. If people want to include and use that info..that is now clearly part of the show and the online pool of media.. it should be added.. But theTVDB clearly wants to follow the same path that many other failed entities have traveled... letting themselves become obsolete...
resurrecting an old thread, but yeh, imdb scraper would be great.

netflix has taken to splitting tv programs into "Parts", but the tvdb guys flatly refuse to split them into seasons piling them into one season. TheMovieDB arent consistent, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. IMDB also lack consistency, but with netflix shows they more often than not follow netflix order.

Dont even get me started on Money Heist. The TVDB insist on following the episode setup for "Le Case de Papel" (the spanish version) even on the English netflix version, which is just a mess.

An IMDB scraper while not fixing the problem, would at least give a third alternative
(2019-06-24, 03:16)dm21912 Wrote: resurrecting an old thread, but yeh, imdb scraper would be great.

netflix has taken to splitting tv programs into "Parts", but the tvdb guys flatly refuse to split them into seasons piling them into one season. TheMovieDB arent consistent, sometimes they do, sometimes they dont. IMDB also lack consistency, but with netflix shows they more often than not follow netflix order.

Dont even get me started on Money Heist. The TVDB insist on following the episode setup for "Le Case de Papel" (the spanish version) even on the English netflix version, which is just a mess.

An IMDB scraper while not fixing the problem, would at least give a third alternative
Agreed with this post. Money Heist is an absolute mess with TVDB due to the Spanish/Netflix release orders. IMDB list it the way Netflix released it, which is how I would like to scrape it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to use IMDb.com scraper for TV Shows and TV Show Episodes?0