Directory entries as library on XBMC as DNLA
Hi,

I'm using XBMC for many years on my XBOX.

Now I have bought a Panasonic Viera, which also has an DNLA Client. I tried many DNLA Servers, but except XBMC no one handles .rar archives. So I was very glad to see, that XBMC also acts as a DNLA Server.

Now my question:

XBMX has changed, since the XBOX version. At XBOX I can scroll through my added directories and play every media I wanr (as long the path is added to XBMC). On Windows7 with the new XBMC 10.0 everything changed: Why I only can browse on the DNLA client through media, which is in crazy XBMC libraries? Huh Can I only view media, which was previously scanned? I do not want those libraries, also I do not need them. I just want direct access to my media directories (which are added), to the the media file and an easy way to view it on my DNLA client. As I'm using XBMC on my XBOX or my Windows7...

An other DNLA sever (Wild Media Server) offers the feature, to browse on the DNLA client through the whole computer.

Someone knows a solution?!
I don't use DNLA myself, but I'd guess that XBMC returns information that isn't available just from the video file, so it needs the library to have information about the video.

This comes down to design philosophy. XBMC does what it does because (most) people like it that way. To change it you need to either fire up your C++ compiler or persuade a developer that your proposed change is desirable.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Directory entries as library on XBMC as DNLA0