[xbmclive10] Analog output through HDMI
Sad 
Hi there!
I have just permanently installed XBMC Live 10 on a harddisk and testing it.

My problem is that I can't get analog audio through my HDMI cable in Live 10. It worked fine in Live 9 (previous xbmc).

Audio settings:
Menu > System/settings/system/Audio output

Audio output - [Analog]
Speaker Configuration - [2.0]
Boost volume level on downmix - [x]
Audio output device - [hdmi]

I get analog sound through the hdmi in Live 9.11, but not in Live 10. I'm using the same hardware for both versions.

Any idea, anyone?
Submitted as a Bug Ticket: #10942
Exclamation 
Seriously... The XBMC 10.0 Dharma is rather useless for me, as I can't get any sound in the TV set. I can get sound through the headphone jack on the computer though, which leaves me the option of either using headphones or attaching an external amplifier (which I don't have).

Hoping for a bugfix soon. Meanwhile, I will keep on using 9.11 Camelot instead.
Updated to Dharma 10 on my Zotac IONITX-D-E and I have the same problem and cannot get ANY sound out of my HDMI, whilst I had it working fine with 9.11 Live.
I have gotten around the problem temporarily by using an Optical cable to my Amp and selecting 'iec958' for both my Audio output and Pass-through.

Hopefully someone on here has the solution. Thanks in advance to anyone that does.
please check in alsamixer that no outputs are muted, unmute all outputs, I can't remember which one was related to hdmi, but I think it was labeled as spdif in alsamixer.

you can also access the mixer from the programs menu of xbmc
Everwake Wrote:please check in alsamixer that no outputs are muted, unmute all outputs, I can't remember which one was related to hdmi, but I think it was labeled as spdif in alsamixer.

you can also access the mixer from the programs menu of xbmc

Great advice, Everwake! It worked!!
I had these two: 'IEC958,0' and 'IEC958,1'. Only the "1" was muted from default installation. After I unmuted this one, the sound came through the HDMI cable and out to the speakers!

Nice! Smile

In order to eliminate future questions on this issue, I'll suggest that the XBMC development team make all IEC958 ports unmuted as default.
Quote:Great advice, Everwake! It worked!!

Under program there is a graphical audio mixer that will take care of this for you.
The reason it is not unmuted is probably that the devs have not been to your home and seen your TV with hdmi.

I totally agree that documentation is lacking and perhaps a config wizard would be useful.
However, the devs would perhaps listen to you more if you dont call the product useless because YOU can't find audio mixer wich is a 10s google job.
Personally I would like open source to move towards normal end-users but for the moment this specific project is probably too demanding for you.
vikjon0 Wrote:Under program there is a graphical audio mixer that will take care of this for you.
The reason it is not unmuted is probably that the devs have not been to your home and seen your TV with hdmi.

I totally agree that documentation is lacking and perhaps a config wizard would be useful.
However, the devs would perhaps listen to you more if you dont call the product useless because YOU can't find audio mixer wich is a 10s google job.
Personally I would like open source to move towards normal end-users but for the moment this specific project is probably too demanding for you.

I didn't say that XBMC is useless. Just meant that this upgrade was useless to ME since I didn't get any sound. It's called semantics! Make no mistake about it. I've been on XBMC since early XBOX time and love this system.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbmclive10] Analog output through HDMI0