[Bug] initrd.img incomplete
Smile 
Hi,

I have trayed xbmc live 10.0 with grub2 on an usb stick (fat32 formated), by using the iso file directly, like this :
Code:
menuentry "XBMCLive" {
    set fromiso=/dev/sda1/iso/xbmc-10.0-live.iso
    set iso=/iso/xbmc-10.0-live.iso
    search -s root -f $iso
    loopback loop $iso
    set quiet=1
    set gfxpayload="800x600"
    linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz isofrom=$fromiso video=vesafb boot=live xbmc=autostart,nodiskmount splash quiet loglevel=0 persistent quickreboot quickusbmodules notimezone noaccessibility noapparmor noaptcdrom noautologin noxautologin noconsolekeyboard nofastboot nognomepanel nohosts nokpersonalizer nolanguageselector nolocales nonetworking nopowermanagement noprogramcrashes nojockey nosudo noupdatenotifier nouser nopolkitconf noxautoconfig noxscreensaver nopreseed union=aufs
    initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
}

and it does not work for 2 reasons :
1- the script /scripts/live inside initrd.img uses the dirname command, but this command does not exist anywhere, even as a standalone command nor a busybox applet!
2- i have make a new initrd.img with dirname in /usr/bin/ but it have an other issue: it can not mount the stick (mount: illegal argument) perhabs the vfat module is not loaded.

But if I put my iso in my HDD ext4 partition, it works perfectly with my modified initrd.img

It will be perfect if we can use the isofrom sheetcode like this: isofrom=/iso/xbmc-live.iso instead of isofrom=/dev/sda1/iso/xbmc-live.iso (the usb stick will works in any PC)

thank you for maintainig xbmc, the best media center in world Smile
hi dreambo ,can you post your modified version of initrd.img ,or at least the "dirname" function you made ?
Welcome to the XBMC forums, alexizeld.

The original post is over 1.5 years old and refers to an old version of XBMC. User dreambo hasn't logged-in to these forums for over a year and isn't likely to see your request. Do you have a particular request or requirement that the rest of us may be able to help you with? If so, please explain what you are trying to do. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Bug] initrd.img incomplete0