Play DVD disc vs. Play DVD movie?
All of my DVDs are in XBMC via DVD files. I like having the ability to go to the menu and adjust settings or play extras. Most of the time however I do just want to play the main movie with all the default settings.

Is there a way when I'm in my video library in XBMC to basically have the option to Play Movie vs. Play Disc? I'm far from an expert with the DVD file structure but I'd guess that the difference would be that Play Disc would play the main menu file (video_ts.ifo?) and the Play Movie would pull the first Video file and play them in order. Like I said, I'm not very familiar with the file structure so I apologize if I'm way off here.

Anyway, I'd imagine the developers would be able to figure out the method and its possible that the feature is already there so I figured I would ask. Is there any way for me to accomplish this functionality?

Thanks.
  • Rip the full disc to ISO.
  • Settings | Videos | DVD - Check 'Attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu'
  • Play the ripped ISO.
  • This will take you direct to the DVD Main Menu from where you can play the movie from the DVDs own menu. This will still play some of the studio intros and piracy warnings.
  • Or Click the Movie Menu (DVD disc icon) to play the movie direct

This may or may not work with other file formats - I've not tried.
Bongu Wrote:All of my DVDs are in XBMC via DVD files. I like having the ability to go to the menu and adjust settings or play extras. Most of the time however I do just want to play the main movie with all the default settings.

Is there a way when I'm in my video library in XBMC to basically have the option to Play Movie vs. Play Disc? I'm far from an expert with the DVD file structure but I'd guess that the difference would be that Play Disc would play the main menu file (video_ts.ifo?) and the Play Movie would pull the first Video file and play them in order. Like I said, I'm not very familiar with the file structure so I apologize if I'm way off here.

Anyway, I'd imagine the developers would be able to figure out the method and its possible that the feature is already there so I figured I would ask. Is there any way for me to accomplish this functionality?

Thanks.

I too would like to know how to configure XBMC to always skip the menus and jump right to the main menu. This would be particularly useful when viewing DVD ISOs on a UPNP/DLNA player. When viewing on a DLNA player I see the menu but have no way of jumping to the main movie. Is there a way to set this as a default option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play DVD disc vs. Play DVD movie?0