Couple of issues
I decided tonight to update from Camelot 9.11 to Dharma 10.0 and upgrade my Transperancy skin from 2.11.1 to the new version of 3.11.1 and the upgrade went fine. I have installed XBMC Live on an Acer Aspire Revo.

I did notice a couple of things.

1) 2 buttons that I had created (called Documentaries and KidsTV) were no longer there after the update. I was able to add 2 "Custom" buttons and label them accordingly, but not able to tell them to connect to the SMB share that these 2 buttons would refer to. Any tips? Apparently you have to add to Favorites, but I can't see how to add to favorites. The buttons are also larger than I remember for 2.11 so any idea how to minimise this to get the same feel as the old Transperancy? The old one's buttons were much nicer, the new version is more bold/thick by design. Also is there a way to order where these custom buttons sit?

2) When I select "Shutdown" my XBMC then does a scan of the library. It does this over and over and over. I have to manually press the button on my Revo to power off. Before the upgrade, I was able to select shutdown and it would turn off, not any more.

3) If using one of the new views, with the DVD cover on the right and fanart (where it shows what definition it is by showing a blu-ray or DVD disc), when you exit and come back in, it doesn't remember the view set and goes back to what you would see under "Video" - i.e. a list view.

4) Also noticed during changing settings on the Skin itself, the Revo seems to stall for a bit and seems to get lost in the menu. After pressing left, or up or down or right, eventually it comes back and you can continue changing the settings.

5) The Home screen I have enabled for pan and zoom, but I am not getting any fanart showing in the "picture part". Instead the whole background pans and zooms. I have turned on tv fanart and visualisations (there isn't one for Movies).

Any help would be appreciated, and yes I have been to the FAQ and haven't found any answers. So far I'm almost regretting upgrading to dharma.
Also noticed that my music when left to play doesn't seem to play any visualisations in the background. I have the generic screen panning and zooming when the music is playing, but no visualisations. Visualisations are turned on.

Star 
If you can toggle the tab button or get the OSD panel up from the bottom, between the control buttons and the circle with the square (the arrows point to the toggle).

draco Wrote:1) 2 buttons that I had created (called Documentaries and KidsTV) were no longer there after the update. I was able to add 2 "Custom" buttons and label them accordingly, but not able to tell them to connect to the SMB share that these 2 buttons would refer to. Any tips? Apparently you have to add to Favorites, but I can't see how to add to favorites.

right click on the source and select 'add to favourites'?

draco Wrote:The buttons are also larger than I remember for 2.11 so any idea how to minimise this to get the same feel as the old Transperancy?
i don't remember changing anything in this respect.

draco Wrote:The old one's buttons were much nicer, the new version is more bold/thick by design. Also is there a way to order where these custom buttons sit?
it has to be hardcoded in the skin, so the only way to re-arrange is to added Includes_Home.xml.

draco Wrote:2,3,4

not skin related.

draco Wrote:5) The Home screen I have enabled for pan and zoom, but I am not getting any fanart showing in the "picture part". Instead the whole background pans and zooms. I have turned on tv fanart and visualisations (there isn't one for Movies).

Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Home Movies > Fanart
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie, I will give these a shot when I get home.
Update. Thanks Ronie have sorted out most things now after playing with the settings.

Query 1: Custom buttons now working. Right-clicked the required shares and set them as Favourites. This was then able to be mapped to the custom buttons. Also the issue with the buttons was a menu setting, i.e. use Wide buttons option enabled to show the full text of say "Documentaries".

Queries 2,3 & 4: I will post on General Forum help

Query 5: TV Shows and Movies now showing the fanart.

Only thing I have to do now is sort out a couple of more issues, which again I am not sure if they are skin related or not.

* When playing music and then escaping back out to the main menu, the pan in and out of the music background, i.e.

draco Wrote:Image

takes over every menu options, TV Shows, Movies etc. I know in the old skin you could play the music and then actually still be at the home menu and see your TV show fanart playing on the TV or the movies fanart when the button movies was highlighted. This may be a setting, but have not found it yet.

* I have to rearrange my music I think, as it is not showing the fanart that I had attached to the folders as it did previously.
draco Wrote:I know in the old skin you could play the music and then actually still be at the home menu and see your TV show fanart playing on the TV or the movies fanart when the button movies was highlighted.

as far as i recall the old skin would show the music visualization in the background.
now you can choose between vizualisation or fanart.

don't think it ever showed the default backdrops....but i may be wrong.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of issues0