Video Stuttering and Not playing full screen
Lately I have been experiencing an issue with video stutter. Everything has been working fine, but a couple of days ago all of my videos in xbmc have been stuttering. It does this all the time during playback making it impossible to watch anything. The audio is ok, and the video quality is not lost.

Also none of my vidoes, tv shows or movies, are showing in full screen. It's like there is a black box surrounding the picture. Weird b/c when in windows 7, i am at 1900x1080 resolution, everything is fullscreen. Same as when I start xbmc and am in the menus it's all fullscreen, but when I go to watch a video it puts a black box around everything, no matter what picture size settings I use.

I've set xbmc to be in true fullscreen, and in the menu I adjusted my video calibration to be full screen. When I go to watch something and try to set the video calibration within the movie, there is still the black box surrounding everything. it's weird. I have attached my log.

http://pastebin.com/7YbQphEZ

Just as FYI - if I play any of my video files from windows in VLC or WMP they play perfectly with no stutter and they are in full screen format.
You need to adjust the overscan setting in the ATI CCC for each resolution+refresh rate combination you use.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I already had overscan set to 0. Initially it was at like 15 and at that setting nothing was full screen, windows nor xbmc. Even still the videos in XBMC weren't playing fullscreen either. After I set overscan to 0 windows and XBMC display in fullscreen but not my movies.
Ok I got video playing smoothly once again but still I can't watch anything in fullscreen.
With the adjust refresh rate function, xbmc switches to resolutions with a different frame rate (24, 25, 30) and you must adjust those as well.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I checked and I already have this enabled.
Any other things I can check to make sure movies play fullscreen?
Did you ever sort this out? I have the same problem.

In XBMC I have "Adjust Refresh Rate" turned on.

If I set the desktop to 1920x1080 24hz then:
- 24hz content plays full screen
- 60hz content plays in a black box

If I set the desktop to 1920x1080 60hz then:
- 24hz content plays in a black box
- 60hz content plays full screen

I've set the overscan to zero in ATI Catalyst Control Center for both refresh rates, and the system can clearly display video at both rates in full screen. It's like xbmc doesn't hook into the altered ATI CCC overscan settings, and just uses the defaults.
same Problem, any Solution?
AMD E-350. Windows 7 X64. HDMI To Panasonic 1080p Plasma.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stuttering and Not playing full screen0