• 1(current)
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited

Looks great Hitcher. Is it a few new views, or a large redesign?
Now that I've separated all the viewtypes and added the <views></views> tag it's nice and easy to add new ones.

This one was inspired by the poster for Limited. The focused fanart slides to reveal the plot.
Great work as always Hitcher!

One thing, why is the watched top-right on the focussed fanart but bottom-right on the others? Wouldn't it look better to keep it consistently in one location? Just my opinion of course, would be interested to hear your/other opinions.

Thanks for continuing to improve Alaska, theres no other skin like it in terms of aesthetic simplicity.

Merry Christmas!
So it doesn't get covered by the title.
Hitcher,
I have tried almost every skin and still stick with Alaska - you've done a GREAT job!

I'm hoping you will consider putting in a few features...

a) BIG Alaska's themes - I use the blue colors since my eye sight is not good with the lighter backgrounds

b) BIG Alaska's font sizes - again, bad eyesight

c) ability to add custom Home menu items via setting (not using Favorites). A few skins have this now and it is very helpful. I have added a few items (Kids Videos, New Videos, etc) and it just makes it 100x easier for guests, children, etc to navigate if everything is on the home menu.

thank you & happy holidays!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:Hitcher,
I have tried almost every skin and still stick with Alaska - you've done a GREAT job!

I'm hoping you will consider putting in a few features...

a) BIG Alaska's themes - I use the blue colors since my eye sight is not good with the lighter backgrounds

b) BIG Alaska's font sizes - again, bad eyesight

c) ability to add custom Home menu items via setting (not using Favorites). A few skins have this now and it is very helpful. I have added a few items (Kids Videos, New Videos, etc) and it just makes it 100x easier for guests, children, etc to navigate if everything is on the home menu.

thank you & happy holidays!

I agree with Livin I love your skin Hitcher but I have to use Big Alaska for the Night (blue) Theme - Its better on my eyes... Is this something that can be easily ported?

Looks fantastic. Release this year?
Yeah, couple of days at most.
I love all of the themes, but have one problem that is - sadly - likely only mine. My Harmony remote has a 'down' button that seldom works. Thus, I've focused on using the Alaska theme in horizontal mode for most of my configs. Is there any love for horizontal themes coming? (Besides my problems - heh - most of us are watching on widescreen TV's, so I would believe it only makes sense.)

Wink

...oh, and because I'm using "Alaska" and not "Alaska Revisited", am I automagically nerfing my ability to use these new themes?
DurhamDev Wrote:I love all of the themes, but have one problem that is - sadly - likely only mine. My Harmony remote has a 'down' button that seldom works. Thus, I've focused on using the Alaska theme in horizontal mode for most of my configs. Is there any love for horizontal themes coming? (Besides my problems - heh - most of us are watching on widescreen TV's, so I would believe it only makes sense.)?
Pretty much all them are horizontally themed aren't they?

DurhamDev Wrote:...oh, and because I'm using "Alaska" and not "Alaska Revisited", am I automagically nerfing my ability to use these new themes?
Yes, I'm not developing anything new for the old Alaska now - only Revisited.
Outstanding work once again.
Can I give a small suggestion?
The first view looks pretty cool, but I don't like the fact that the non selected itens have the same "focus" as the selected one. I think it makes the whole view a bit confusing.

Just take the Wall view you posted as an example. The selected item has a magnifying effect and the non selected ones are pretty much colorless. I think this kind of effect would look pretty good on the first view you posted on this topic.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited0