Sony Google TV Keypad Remote – How to use with other devices?
I purchased an NSG-MR1 (Sony Google TV Keypad/Remote that comes with the TV) because I absolutely love the device and want to use it for my home setup.

Are there any known Windows drivers or hacks to allow it to pair with other IR/Bluetooth devices? Specifically with XBMC on Windows?
Or after it’s paired with a Google TV, will it allow for setup with other devices?

I wasn’t expecting this to be easy or even possible, but hopeful since it’s such a great controller. Thanks.
I have the same problem. I too have a sony NSG-MR1 remote and want to use it with other devices, mainly snapstream's Beyond TV application.

I've tried my USB-UIRT with this remote and it doesn't even receive the codes from the Sony remote. It must use some other frequency than a normal IR remote uses.

If I can just find a receiver that can receive the codes for the remote..

Love to hear any ideas!
Love this remote as well. Has anybody gotten this to work? Tried with Flirc and only registers a few buttons such as volume up/down, muting, on/off; all tv functions from what i can tell. Tried to pair with a pc via bluetooth but it isn't found.

One post on another forum mentioned that the remote doesn't use standard IR signals?

If anybody can figure this out it would help put my ocd mind to rest!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Google TV Keypad Remote – How to use with other devices?0