Fanart in File Mode
Hi guys, ive been trying to solve a problem for some time now, and i thought it was the skin until the skin creator rightly asked me to try confluence. when i did the problem was still there. well its actually 2 problems

1: when in file mode, the fan art is not displayed when fanart is the selected display mode, but the date added order is correct.

2: When in library mode, the fanard is displayed as you would expect, but the date added order seems all over the place. Its far from in date order but it is almost in alphabetical order, though not quiet. Basically the 1st 5 movies are from the middle of my collection with regards to date order, and their not alphabetical. Then after that, it seems to just be alphabetical, ie works from Z back to A. The order makes no sense at all.

after a lot of years useing an XBOX as my media player, i finally bit the bullet and set up a proper HTPC so i can play Hi Def movies in my theater room. So far im loving it bugs and all.

Im running nightly build XBMC_PC_35649
windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
CPU: i3 540 @ 307GHz
RAM 3.45 gig useable out of 4 (due to still being 32bit)

At the end of the day, all im trying to do is view ALL my movies in date added order with fan art, but as it stands, i can only do 1 or the other. Not both.
Any advice would be much appreciated

EDIT:
just updated to XBMC_PCNI_35675 and the both issues are still evedient and easily replicatable.
I assume you have your movie files in seperate folders and if so, I think fanart is availbale only at file level, not folder level (only the poster is viewable, until you drill down to the file).

Sorry can't help with the second issue. You may find that the people who know (the devs) ignore your help plea, because you are using an SVN build which is wholly usupported by the team. Might be better to revert back to Dharma 10.0 (latests stable build) - post a debug log (See here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708) and see what happens.
Quote:I assume you have your movie files in seperate folders and if so, I think fanart is availbale only at file level, not folder level (only the poster is viewable, until you drill down to the file).
I have my movies in separate folders and I se the fanart and the poster in both levels. I use the transparancy skin.
Wonder if it is skin dependant, just tried it with Confluence, Aeon65, refocus and Aeon MQ 2 and none of them exhibit that behaviour on my system.
I use the transparency skin too and i can see the fanart. You need to have a fanart.jpg and a folder.jpg in each movie folder.
Works for me in pretty much every skin I've tried and my movies are in their own folders

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart in File Mode0