Nokia 5800 XBMC Remote
Hello Thomas,
Now I understand eheheh

My other device use port TCP 8080 (or TCP 9090..i not remind ^^'), but use JSON-RPC Command.

Can be the difference between programs?
I updated XBMC to 10.1 and the remote works perfect with that version.
The only issue I found, and was in 10 version too, is that sometimes when I click something on the remote, XMBC acts as I left the key pressed, so sometimes when I click Pause, the movie stops and start, stop and start, until I press again a key. What can be the problem?
has anyone tried if this app work with xbmc in portable mode?
(switch -p 'xbmc.exe -p')
Hey registered to say thanks for an awesome app.

I was looking around for xmbc remotes and then thought I would check to see if one existed for Nokia (heh, who would make one for this old phone?) and to my surprise I found this thread.

It worked straight out of the box (I have a hidden ssid btw and it works fine so far).

Thanks
Hey, cool, very glad to hear that Smile Thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated!
hi

i downloaded and installed all software mentioned above in my nokia.i installed xbmc in my desktop pc also.but not working.please help me
hi
i installed all software mentioned above in my nokia 5800.then installed xbmc in my desktop pc also.but remote not functioning.plese help
thkoe002, just to say thanks for all the work you have put into this.

Works first time no problems.

Thank you.
superb app. never knew I could control my xbmc systems with this simple app.... its gonna make more lazy now =DD

thank you !!!!!!!!! <3
hey thkoe002 this is great app and very useful. thanks for that. i make some design for your background image and if you like it please replay.
for all other members: instalation for this is simple, just replace old xbmc_default.jpg with this one of course on your phone in folder Python.

WOW! I have just got a brand new Raspberry PI, which I intend to use as a streamer/HTPC with XBMC, and was looking for a remote solution. Google searched "nokia N97 as a keyboard for raspberry pi" and got to this thread.

This app seems AWESOME! Who wouldn't want it for their Rasp? Especially if an old Nokia is handy? Well, I sure do, and cannot wait to connect the new Rasp and install your app, thkoe002.
Any reason not to?

Thank you so much for this, and I promise to update results when i'm finished (first gotta find me a usb or wifi keyboard, in order to overclock and install OpenELEC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nokia 5800 XBMC Remote0