Nokia 5800 XBMC Remote
Ok, I fixed a couple of things. You can now delete IPs from the list, and the console doesn't show up, and the icon should look better. Also I fixed a bug where names of IPs could disappear.

The username-passwort thing seems to be a bit more complicated (I can't call "http://user : pass@ip : port/xbmc/blabla" with python for some reason), but all functions except for the text input and for the mouse clicks also work without the password, at least for me.

Also, the tilt sensitivity would be a bit complex to change right now, there are a couple of parameters and it would confuse the user too much to change them.. maybe in the future I'll make them all dependent of one single parameter.

And can you maybe tell me where you found the information about the screen rotation? I didn't find it, but yeah just using the same background for both rotations should do the trick.

Cheers!
Where is the download link?
May be this helps with the basic HTTP auth: http://pastebin.com/Cyd52tji
Hmm. Thanks, I'll look into it.
Out of interest: For me, even without authentification, everything except for text input and mouse clicks still works, is it the same with you?

Anyways, I just fixed the screen rotation thing and made the volume button somewhat larger. The background .jpg will be automatically replaced when you use the built-in update function, but you can also manually download everything (first post).
The new version works just fine. I can send text and mouse clicks now, the problem that I had was that I changed the HTTP Port to 8080 on XBMC and the Remote for some reason can't send text if you change the port, I was connecting using IP:8080. I don't know if it is a Remote problem or XBMC problem. But leaving the default configuration (port 80), works just fine.
only works for me when i put remote.xml back into the keymaps folder. I had to remove it to get my harmony to stop double key pressing. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=7...post709001
Hi,
I just installed your application on a Sony Ericsson Satio and it works perfect.
Thanks a lot
Tom
Sorry, this does not work on my Nokia 5800, I only do get a text console, and then the program stops responding.

Where can I configure the IP-address to my XBMC, and the port, or are these hard-coded to the program?
Hi Jackie,

you can always enter new ip and port informations by going to the settings -> add ip (or delete ip to clean up the list).

If you can't even access the settings menu ("5800" button, top right corner) because the interface doesn't show up, then the issue is not that the ip : port information is wrong, but that the remote cannot connect to your wifi.
I still haven't looked into that any further, but here's what you can do to make the remote work anyways:

0. close the remote
1. connect to your wifi in the nokia 5800 connection manager
2. use opera mini or the built-in browser to open any website, http://www.google.com or anything.
3. start the xbmc remote. It now uses the already open wifi connection.
4. done Smile

This isn't perfect, but it's a workaround that does the trick. Actually, for most people, youonly need step 3... I think the issue arises when the wifi doesn't send its SSID, i.e. when it's hidden.

If you're still stuck just let me know.

Cheers, have fun

Thomas
Hello,

This is a good app.
I try old version with xbmc Dharma v10.0 and it work fine.
Now i update my xbmc with nightly build 20110426 and Your app not work.

I try update app with version on first post of this thread, but i can command my xbmc.
The setting is correct and i can command xbmc with iPad and another software that use JSON-RPC command.

When i click on my 5530, I see an red 'x', but the command not send (i sniff my tcp traffic) and xbmc not change.

Where I wrong? Huh

Thanks for reply.
Hi,

I have no clue, but if it used to work, and now with the new xbmc (nightly builds are buggy!) it doesn't, I'd say that the problem is with the xbmc program, not with the remote.

Otherwise, if the TCP sniffer doesn't see anything, you're probably not connected to your wifi. Try the steps I proposed in my post above yours.

Cheers

Thomas
what version of xbmc you used to develop this app?

I also tried the xbmc v10.0 and v10.1 with no results
I used 10.0, I think. But it shouldn't matter, 10.1 should work as well. All I can say is that it _should_ work. Check if the phone is connected to the wifi, and that the options in xbmc are correct, and that the ip and port are correct. Then it should work.. good luck!
Hi Thomas,
now I install xbmc v10.0 on my PC.
The phone (5530) now connect wifi (i can see tcp traffic with Wiresharck), but xbmc not reply.
I see that phone send traffic on port 9777 and i set 8080 on app (<ip>:<port> - <username> (password is empty)).

Why?
Yeah the UDP traffic is on port 9777, port 8080 (or whatever port you use) is only used for few operations (text input and the mouse), everything else works via UDP.

If the IP is correct and the UDP commands are sent, and if other wifi remotes (ipad etc) are working, it must actually work. I really don't know what's wrong now Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nokia 5800 XBMC Remote0