Help selecting Remote Control
So I have my XBMC set up, and I really enjoy it, but I have been making due with controlling it with a keyboard or from my laptop, and I would really like to get this working with a remote control. I don't want to go the expensive Harmony remote route, but I am concerned about getting an MCE remote.

My issue is that I currently have a 360 remote that I use regularly for Netflix. I would prefer a remote that I could get to work for both the XBMC and 360 (and my TV) but what I am really worried about is that I'm not sure if I can program to distinguish each other. I don't want my 360 to turn on ever time a want to watch something on my XBMC, and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe isn't the remote that can fit all your requests (multifunction remote 360/xbmc/tv), but to control XBMC I found excellent this remote control model iMON Pad remote control that as the vendor says "It can control the mouse pointer as well by Mouse/Keyboard button". I own one and can confirm that it is very comfortable (with some tweaks in lircmap.xml and remote.xml)
Mman Wrote:I don't want my 360 to turn on ever time a want to watch something on my XBMC, and vice versa.

i don't think the 360 remote allows you to specify multiple outputs... like a multi-function remote? you would need to make sure the 360 is powered off to ensure not to inadvertently control it. i use a MCE remote and basic functions work out of the box, ie up down left right stop play pause forward rewind OK back. I have found the difficulty is when you need to assign a specific function to a button... like when you go back from a video and it returns you to the menu i want to be able to program a button to the TAB key which would then return me to the now playing. i have spent hours on this with editing the config file etc and never gotton anywhere... but with a fresh install of dharma coming up i am determined to nail it Smile

good luck!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help selecting Remote Control0