[LIVE] How and where are all artwork (coverart, fanart, etc.) stored locally on disk?
Question 
I have Zotac MAG running the latest xbmc; it works great. However, I have noticed that it frequently takes a second or two to load the fanart as I'm browsing through my movie collection. Right now I have the stock 160gb hard drive the system came with, but I'm thinking of upgrading to a small SSD hard drive in order to speed up those read speeds.

Before I buy one, I want to make sure I understand how XBMC works. Right now, my media library of tv/movies is streamed from my desktop PC (wired, not wireless) from my 2TB hard drive. I have everything organized through the program "Media Companion" - so that all the .nfos/.tbns/covertart is stored right with the media files.

When XBMC adds everything to the library when you first add a new source, does it copy over the coverart/fanart to the hard drive of the PC that's actually running XBMC? I don't want to buy a SSD and find that the bottleneck to load up the coverart from my slower 2TB drive on the network share... I would assume that XBMC locally caches up all the coverart for speedy loading, but I just want to make sure.
Did you ever find an answer to this tmhmat? Would anyone else be able to confirm? Thanks.
If im not mistaken its inside the userdata folder , /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/ in my case.
I dont know tho in your case from where it pulls the data.

Of course you could check this the hard way, remove the storage from your network and browse your library , if you can see the fanart,thumb,etc i believe its stored locally.
if loading fanart is slow just enable DDS in advancedsettings - it makes quite a difference

and yes its stored in the userdata folder

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] How and where are all artwork (coverart, fanart, etc.) stored locally on disk?0