Zotac Mag Wireless
I just received a Zotac Mag HD-ND01 this morning. Dualbooting Windows 7 and XBMC Live 10.0, and everything is running wonderfully except I'm not sure how to go about installing my wireless drivers. I've installed things before from an external terminal, putty, but I'm really not sure where to find drivers, which ones I need, and how to go about installing. Can anyone give me a few tips? Even if theres a tutorial for another device and I can just change it for my drivers? Thanks a lot!
Usually you dont need to install any drivers...not sure about your device.
Assuming you dont need any drivers:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...icd-curses
thanamesjames Wrote:I just received a Zotac Mag HD-ND01 this morning. Dualbooting Windows 7 and XBMC Live 10.0, and everything is running wonderfully except I'm not sure how to go about installing my wireless drivers. I've installed things before from an external terminal, putty, but I'm really not sure where to find drivers, which ones I need, and how to go about installing. Can anyone give me a few tips? Even if theres a tutorial for another device and I can just change it for my drivers? Thanks a lot!

I can tell you right now that the wireless card in the ZOTAC MAG is crap. You will get frustrated quickly. The range is pathetic. But if you want to press on the module you need is ath9k. It will likely be auto loaded but you will have to configure it first. There are a variety of HOWTO's in the forums for wireless setup live. Some are ok and others not so much. Some of the howtos's will have you install all sorts of crap you dont need and others much less. The guide mentioned above would not be one of my top choices.

The MAG is a great XBMC platform and you should end up very happy once you get the wireless worked out.

My suggestion is to get a small USB wireless adapter for $13 shipped
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
Haha, so I got on to tell Vikjon thanks! That tutorial "worked" However, fishoil is correct, it literally is HORRIBLE. Fishoil, if I grab that wireless usb, will I have further setup considering I followed the tutorial Vikjon linked me to? Thanks for the help you guys, I appreciate it.
thanamesjames Wrote:Haha, so I got on to tell Vikjon thanks! That tutorial "worked" However, fishoil is correct, it literally is HORRIBLE. Fishoil, if I grab that wireless usb, will I have further setup considering I followed the tutorial Vikjon linked me to? Thanks for the help you guys, I appreciate it.

For the most part you will change wlan0 to wlan1 and blacklist ath9k
Quote:blacklist ath9k
Not possible to disable in BIOS? Thats what I have done with soundcard...disable and re-install OS to make it completly clean.
vikjon0 Wrote:Not possible to disable in BIOS? Thats what I have done with soundcard...disable and re-install OS to make it completly clean.

Dont know, never bothered. 10 seconds and its done. 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

You likely dont even need to do either. The new card will have its own device name (wlan1) and should be fine. Disabling it in the bios may not guarantee it will use the old name for the new card so changing to wlan1 will do the job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac Mag Wireless0