[Linux] Shutdown not shutting down
First, I'll preface this by saying that I have searched the forums and tried a few things, but none helped.

When I select shutdown from the menu, XBMC just restarts. Shutdown is mapped to shutdown in settings (only thing I can set it to it seems).

I've tried chmodding /sbin/shutdown (and halt + reboot) with +s, so any user (even those not not allowed to sudo) can initiate shutdown now with any of these commands. Yet, no difference.

The weird part is that the power button no longer shuts down the system either, so I'm not sure this is a pure XBMC issue, but since I can shutdown normally I still suspect this to be the case.

Is there any script that XBMC calls to trigger shutdown? Or does it make a straight call to shutdown / halt?

Did not have this issue in earlier versions of XBMC running on Ubuntu 9.04, but now that I've updated to 10.10 and Dharma, I have to SSH to the machine and shutdown manually. Not a huge deal, but it's slightly annoying.

Debug log shows basically nothing about it, however this is the log from when I pushed shutdown until the end: http://pastebin.com/VBYRYV1B

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
hi!
have you given xbmc user rights to do the shutdown or reset ?

be sure that you have installed the upower package

check the policy section in the xbmcbuntu guide.. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...end_/_Wake, where it says "more policy settings"

let us know if that works

Juanjo
Philips 32PFL6606D
Intel N3150 fanless + 4Gb DDR3 + SSD 64Gb + 3TB+3TB WD RED
Hama MCE remote.
Ubuntu 18.04 minimal install + KODI
I don't have policykit installed. I installed upower but no change.

The xbmc user has full permissions in /etc/sudoers too.

I can manually shut down the system with xbmc user without even calling sudo since I set shutdown to +s. It seems to me that shutdown from inside xbmc is not actually calling shutdown.
no it is not doing shutdown...it is using consolekit I think.

I dont know whats up in 10.10 but in 10.04 this is controlled in
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.consolekit.policy

The guide is not uptodate since hal is not used anymore.

I am a bit surprised it does not show in the debug log.
Well, I found a workaround (might only work in Back Row, not sure). Instead of pressing "S" to get the shutdown menu and shutting down from there, I go to the home screen, press down twice and select shutdown from there. Then it shuts down properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] Shutdown not shutting down0