XBMC not showing tv plots
Y'all

I'm sorry for being a noob, and I'm sure I overlooked it, but could someone point me in the right direction. I have a windows 7 box with xbmc (dharma), and I am using media companion to do my scrapping. I can see the nfo files for the each tv show and it has a plot in it, but no matter what option I choose I can't get the plot to show up. I've tried switching modes and options, I even changed the viewfiles.xml like one person suggested in his post, but to no avail!!
If any of you are feeling generous could you please point me in the direction I need to go, because I'm confused now. Thanks in advance.

HeavyK
Heavyk Wrote:Y'all

I'm sorry for being a noob, and I'm sure I overlooked it, but could someone point me in the right direction. I have a windows 7 box with xbmc (dharma), and I am using media companion to do my scrapping. I can see the nfo files for the each tv show and it has a plot in it, but no matter what option I choose I can't get the plot to show up. I've tried switching modes and options, I even changed the viewfiles.xml like one person suggested in his post, but to no avail!!
If any of you are feeling generous could you please point me in the direction I need to go, because I'm confused now. Thanks in advance.

HeavyK
Hi - Chances are that MC is missing some piece of information in it's nfo builds. To be blunt - though others will disagree - delete the generated nfo's, ditch the 3rd party scraper, name your files in a reasonable manner and let xbmc scrape the information for you.

If you have problems have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964
thank you steelman, I just have a few more questions if you have time to answer them. Do I put the media flags (xvid,16:9,etc) in the file names so confluence will find it. Also, how would I do the scraping if I wanted to have multiple xbmc's and have a central tv show/movie database. Thank you so much for your input.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not showing tv plots0