smb shares not showing
Hey guys, fresh install of the Dharma linux live edition onto a HD. Not seeing my shares. My workgroup is properly setup.

I noticed that samba is not even installed. I'm going to give this a whirl and report back.
no luck. Just did a double check and it seems like every other pc can see the shares.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655
Fair enough.

I'm using the latest Dharma version LiveCD installed to a harddrive.

When i attempt to add a video source, i can see UPNP sources but i cannot find any sources via SMB.

BUT, i can MANUALLY add smb with the ip in the old style add network source.

hope that helps a little more.

also, here is a snippet of my debug log;

02:16:46 T:3079432048 M:2574987264 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (FileBrowser.xml) ------
02:16:48 T:3079432048 M:2574864384 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 735698:000000037ff00bdd 00 OK Microsoft_Xbox360 (OK)
02:16:48 T:3079432048 M:2574864384 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 pressed, action is Select
02:16:48 T:2959743856 M:2574864384 DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 1
02:16:48 T:2959743856 M:2574864384 DEBUG: OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://
02:16:48 T:3079432048 M:2574864384 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
02:16:49 T:3079432048 M:2574864384 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
02:17:18 T:2959743856 M:2574757888 DEBUG: Thread 2959743856 terminating (autodelete)
That the SMB shares are not showing up has something todo with samba. This occur when you installed Windows Live essentials 2011. However this problem is already fixed.
See this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=660...stcount=74

When i installed the lastest 10.00 stable release of XBMC i found out the link did not work anymore so i used this one:

Code:
wget http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/s/samba/libsmbclient_3.5.6~dfsg-3ubuntu1_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i libsmbclient_3.5.6~dfsg-1ubuntu2_i386.deb
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Baswazz Wrote:This occur when you installed Windows Live essentials 2011.

Now thats a leap. I dont see anything in his post about running windows of any kind. It very well may be true but you made a big assumption.

phin586 Wrote:BUT, i can MANUALLY add smb with the ip in the old style add network source.

Thats the way I do it every time. Anything else is hit and miss and will only lead to frustration.
This tends to work for me, click start, in the text area enter workgroup click on change workgroup name, then select network ID and check the home network button. As you close the the windows you will be prompted for a restart your computer once restarted you should be set, if not try to power down your modem and router for about 10-15 seconds. Hope that works for you. Sometimes the shares begin acting with a mind of their own, you just have to put them in their place.
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:This tends to work for me, click start, in the text area enter workgroup click on change workgroup name, then select network ID and check the home network button. As you close the the windows you will be prompted for a restart your computer once restarted you should be set, if not try to power down your modem and router for about 10-15 seconds. Hope that works for you. Sometimes the shares begin acting with a mind of their own, you just have to put them in their place.

Oo

Click start? Where is that? What skin are you using that has start? What text area? I think you may have thought you were posting in the MS help forums.

That seems to be a bizarre solution not to mention I dont even know what it means.
I am assuming you are running 7 or vista where you have your files...its the windows orb in the left corner on your task bar
I have my files on multiple servers. It is definitely something on the client side. All of my other pc's can see each other except for this one.
the invisible machine, is it a windows box?
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
I have 2 windows machines with samba shares, one linux box sharing via samba. All the pc's can see each other. I added, for example, smb://MEGATRON (one of my windows machines names) to my sources and i can browse by clicking just on that and see all my shared folders.

the issue is that when i slick on SMB sources it just doesn't seem to want to list the machines.

the work around i found works for me, but i would still like to address the issue at whole.
Its probably just going to list the shares unless you are sharing the whole system
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:This tends to work for me, click start, in the text area enter workgroup click on change workgroup name, then select network ID and check the home network button. As you close the the windows you will be prompted for a restart your computer once restarted you should be set, if not try to power down your modem and router for about 10-15 seconds. Hope that works for you. Sometimes the shares begin acting with a mind of their own, you just have to put them in their place.

I have to do this exact same thing - its almost as if its not loading the workgroup name properly on initial startup or something..

Dharma Live 10.0 btw - not sure of full revision, apologies but computer not here atm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
smb shares not showing0