Laptop Video out question
Hi all!

I put the Live version of XBMC on my laptop to try it out. I have hooked my laptop up to my LCD TV via a DIV-X output. I can see everything (including bios and XBMC install screens) up to when the XBMC menu pops up (I can see the XBMC loading screen). Then nothing. I can see it on the laptop screen, but no go on the TV.

How do I enable a 2nd "monitor" in XBMC? Laptop specs below:

2GB - 2 x 1024 MB 667MHz DDR2
80GB 7200rpm SATA-150
8X DVD±R/RW Double Layer Burner
Integrated 10/100/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 ModemNONE
Intel Mobile Core2Duo T7200 2.0GHz 4MB CacheCPD-INTELT7200
Internal High-Definition Audio with surround sound
Internal Pro/Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g Card WNL-CLE80211ABG$ 0.00
nVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX 512MB
Sting 517D - Core2Duo Gaming Laptop

Also, will have any restrictions with streaming with this system? Thanks all!
You probably want to install a full Ubuntu desktop instead of live and use the screen setting tools to put the output only on the TV.

I am sure it can be done in Live as well but it may include some more studies.
You will have to create/edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Perhaps it can also be done by exiting xbmc, login, startx
This will take you into fluxbox "desktop" and here you can start the nvidia-settings.
I was able to get into the fluxbox desktop. How do I get to the nvidia settings from there?
If you right-click on the background you will get a menu...look through it and you should be able to find whatever is installed on the system.

I don't know anymore than this since I haven't tried it myself outside the gnome desktop but what you want is to generare a new xorg.conf file with the necessary settings. You should be able to find better instructions in the forum, it has been discussed before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laptop Video out question0