Embedded Album Art Problems
Sad 
I've recently installed Dharma and am a first time user of XBMC. I am having some issues with album art not showing correctly. All of my album art is embedded in the individual MP3s. Most of the art is coming through, but I have a few dozen albums in my rather large collection that show that stretched white and black bar code-y image. After looking at the problem files with MP3Tag, I've discovered that these files have the embedded art saved in PNG format while the albums/files that show up properly are in JPG format.

I know the simple fix is to use MP3Tag to extract the image and save as a loose "folder.jpg" in the album folder, but I've spent quite a lot of time tuning up my library and making sure that all the files have the artwork embedded for a cleaner library. Or I could also go through and resave the art and make sure the new embedded art is JPG and not PNG, but that will simply be too much of a pain and take too much time. Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be a utility out there that will automatically search through a collection, locate MP3s with PNG art tags and change them into JPGs. So....

The obvious question is: can you make XBMC recognize embedded album art with the PNG image format?? Is there a plugin or can this be addressed in a future update? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
Ok, so I don't think it is the PNG issue. It is the MP3 tag version. Seems to happen with ID3v2.2 type files.
sincityj Wrote:Ok, so I don't think it is the PNG issue. It is the MP3 tag version. Seems to happen with ID3v2.2 type files.

That could be. I've had the same problem and all of the problem MP3 files had PNG album art and every JPG one worked. I'm going to check the rest of my albums for PNG album art to see if there are any that came in correctly. In the mean time I'd suggest using an app like MP3TAG to export your album art, convert to jpg and reimport.

How do you check your files for the IDV3 version? I'd like to check on that as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Embedded Album Art Problems0