[LIVE] Automatically start Wireless with WPA2 encryption?
Hi!

This is my first trip back to xbmc after getting it on my xbox a couple years ago, Im pretty excited about the new version. I am trying to set up a laptop to run it and be a full time media center. so far it works great, I installed xbmc live, but the only issue is I have a wep2 protected wireless router and the wifi does not connect automatically.

I have it set up and am using wpa_supplicant. every time I reboot I have to exit the shell to the command line and run

Code:
sudo wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

the conf file has the essid and key for my network, as per the specifications. after that I must reset the network adapter with:

Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

once those commands are run the wifi works great.

I am a novice in linux in general, and can not seem to get this to work on startup, also the networking script takes a few seconds to run, although if it runs in the background that isn't a big deal. can anyone point me in the right direction on this?

I haven't been able to find the xbmc start up script if one exists, I figured adding those lines to it might work. if anyone knows where that is and how it is defined to be launched on start-up i would appreciate it(I guess this is getting into the general Linux knowledge but still good info)
hi sassafrasquatch,

you probably need to configure your interfaces file.
A wonderfull docu about how to get your wifi working is here
at the ubuntuforums http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202834

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Automatically start Wireless with WPA2 encryption?0