[AppleTv] Choppy AVC and H264 playback in Dharma with CrystalHD
After trying all possible combination of drivers I am back at Dharma Beta2 and CrystalHD driver 3.6.0 on my OSX ATV with BMC70012

I am sure the playback issues will be resolved but frankly in terms of CrystalHD playback Dharma is a step back even in comparison to some of the old SVN 28256 for example on OS X

I am not sure if this has to do with the BCM70012 now being old and all the software being orientated to the newer BCM70015 card but frankly there is a huge gap between the current stable release and some of the beta and SVN

I used to play even 1080p files and they were watchable while with the current stable Dharma even a 720p presents challenges

I see that the trac ticket for choppy Mp4 playback is still not closed so hopefully there will be a fix
I've also upgraded from initial Pin's image to final Dharma release and 3.6.0 only to find out that most of the files are choppy now ;(

But i love DDS fanart and new addons in latest release, so i want to install some previous XBMC+CHD combo that has DDS+addons, but in the same time is just as fast as the initial CrystalUbuntu release.

Can you confirm that Beta 2 + 3.6.0 works just as fine?

And is there any way to downgrade to Beta 2 right now? I can't find the way to do so ;( I don't have beta 2 cached on my system ;(
HTPC: XBMC Gotham 15.2 on Intel NUC DCCP847DYE (Intel Celeron 847), 2GB RAM, Samsung PM830 SSD, OpenELEC 6.0.0
SYSTEM: Panasonic TX-P65ST50, Pioneer VSX-922K, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 + Diamond 9.CS + SW150 sub, Logitech Harmony 880 remote
has anyone found a solution for this? as i kept thinking the HD drivers were not installed but it seems like it is just not working as it use to..
Sam's new image works great with the older card. So does beta 4 of OpenELEC. I have only tested 720p files though.

philip
in my experience crystalbuntu from hdd or usb is the best performance
in my tests with ATv os + Dharma I got cpu usage of 95% with a sample mkv 720p and in crystalbuntu the cpu usage drops to 60% !!!

SAM Rocks !!!!
Must be something wrong with your set up in OSX as I get 47-55% with 720p
Usually the culprit is VNC remove it from OSX and 720p play just fine
1080p I agree not very good on OSX still watchable though in beta2 + 3.6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv] Choppy AVC and H264 playback in Dharma with CrystalHD0