Please help a converted WMC user.
Question 
Hello, a few days ago I just installed xbmc on my medic centre pc after using WMC for the last year. I must I think it is a much better program with far for more options, however as always with the increase in options comes more stuff to learn. I have tried searching through the forums for most of these questions I am about to ask so forgive me if it has already been asked.

First off I have gathered that I can install programs and launch them with xbmc's supported launcher addon.
However when I open this program through the program sub menu and try to add an app like firefox or a game, through the directory or 'browser menu, it only seems to show up cd drives and fat32 drivers. It does not show the main hard drive where xbmc is installed and all my programs nor my external disks with the media. This is quite weird as I can see all the disk when I add media libraries. Oo

Secondly, as I understand I cannot watch tv or recorded it. Is there an add-on that can do this? I tried searching for tv within this forum section but no relevant results came up.

Lastly, I downloaded the Aeon mQ2 skin and it is quite amazing. I am wondering if there is an option in the music sub menu to view all album art as a wall like WMC as it just seems to be in a list? Perhaps I should ask this within that sub forum?

Running Windows 64bit
xbmc 10.0
Aeon MQ2 skin
It is best to ask in the related forums
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=27
and
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=68
Ok, thanks harro for helping.

I created another post like you suggested and for anyone else interested I got these answers.

1. Regarding Launcher
"This only happens in windows. The best way around this is to eject the disc, close and reopen xbmc and try again. I believe its a problem with xbmc and not ALA" Cannot Confirm if this works however I will try soon!

2. Regaring TV
As I understand from reading forum posts and the wiki there is no current tv service within xbmc. However code/external programs allow it to be done.

3. Regarding Aeon
After tinkering I don't believe it has the choice for an album art grid/wall.

So yeah I think all my questions have been answered. Please feel free to close thread or whatever you guys do here. Thanks again harro Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help a converted WMC user.0