extra-fanart
Hi Guys, Big Grin

I thought that it would be a great idea to enhance the fanart experience for movies.
I saw that there is a feature called extra-fanart,
but I couldn't find out if backrow is capable of doing this.

I would use EMM for grabbing those fanarts.

What do you think about such a feature ?

Regards,
Ubuntuf4n
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Hiya

Yeah it's a possible future addition.

Looks like the main problem would be ensuring the regular fanart doesn't display at the same time under the extra fanart - it's something I will look into a bit more though.
Sounds cool,

i tried to implement it by myself, but it didn't worked properly.

I used mcborzu's code:

Quote:<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]/extrafanart</imagepath>
<timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
</control>
<control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path]../extrafanart</imagepath>
<timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>1000</fadetime>
<visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
</control>

Maybe I put it in the wrong line...

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Yeah sure - there's a bit more to it than that. For Back Row the fanart is tailored to each view individually - just adding that code to MyVideoNav.xml wouldn't really do it. Like I say I could add it to all the different views but I think it would display the extra fanart as well as the regular scraped fanart. I would need to look at that properly when I get the time.
Ok I've just added this to the skin for the video library views.

To get it working you need to have a folder called extrafanart containing your extra images located within the root folder of each of your movies or TV shows and also enable it in skin options.
Thanks Sharpe,
Great Work! Smile
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
To get this working do you have to have your Movies in separate folders (one folder per movie)?
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
_sel_ Wrote:To get this working do you have to have your Movies in separate folders (one folder per movie)?

Yes each movie in it's own folder...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
What is the option in the skin settings that has to be turned on for this to work? I have the Use Multiple wallpapers on Home page on but can't seem to see any other reference to multiple wallpapers anywhere else. Also wondering what build has this in it.
Quote:To get it working you need to have a folder called extrafanart containing your extra images located within the root folder of each of your movies or TV shows and also enable it in skin options.
Quote:You have to have your Movies in separate folders, one folder per movie, each movie having it's own folder
Just make sure your grabbing the newest version of Back Row. Smile
I would recommend just using this, since it is most of the time kept up within a day or so at most with our SVN.
NIGHTLY SVN UPDATES USING THE PASSION ADD-ON REPO
It's under "Skin Options" "Menus" - On an up to date version of the skin.
Sweet - thanks for the info, downloading the SVN now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
extra-fanart0