Adding HD movies to home screen like "movies" and "TV"
sho Wrote:I fell for this one myself, "path is" is absolute. If there is no media file in that exact folder, it will have no results. Thus "path contains" or "starts with" is required.

Are that makes sense

@BigO

Did you figure it out yet as I remembered I had fraps on one of my systems so did you a video as I'm bored Laugh

I added it to the sub menu but your get the idea not the greatest quality but ok as I didn't want to wait around ages for the upload to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fld5556YpeQ
I think i see what i did wrong now, i didnt add the favorite under the "movie" section like you did. Im going to try again when i get home and see how it pans out.
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

BigO Wrote:I think i see what i did wrong now, i didnt add the favorite under the "movie" section like you did. Im going to try again when i get home and see how it pans out.

You can either add it under the movie section or under the main menu or both. It works any way you do it.
clubwerks Wrote:You can either add it under the movie section or under the main menu or both. It works any way you do it.

I think he might be referring to adding the playlist created to favorites first which of course you must do
>>X<<' Wrote:Are that makes sense

@BigO

Did you figure it out yet as I remembered I had fraps on one of my systems so did you a video as I'm bored Laugh

I added it to the sub menu but your get the idea not the greatest quality but ok as I didn't want to wait around ages for the upload to finish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fld5556YpeQ

Many thank for the video tutorial, worked a treat! Big Grin
>>X<<' Wrote:I think he might be referring to adding the playlist created to favorites first which of course you must do

You might be right. I guess it's one of those things that's easy to do and hard to explain.
Thanks everyone, this has allowed me to add a "Kids movies" playlist entry on the home menu.

The only problem is that these "Kids movies" are still part of my main Movies library. Is it possible to exclude these from my main Movies library?

I realise I could create 2 playlists (Kids movies and Parents movies, for example), but then I would lose the features of the main movies library, like Recently Added. I wish XBMC would finally add the ability to have multiple libraries...
rickles Wrote:I realise I could create 2 playlists (Kids movies and Parents movies, for example), but then I would lose the features of the main movies library, like Recently Added. I wish XBMC would finally add the ability to have multiple libraries...

What do you mean your lose features do you mean if you remove movies from the main menu your lose the features that are in the sub menu, because just using a playlist for your movies wouldn't lose you features :confused2:

If you want Movies to take you directly to your playlist for example one that excludes your kids movies your need to edit line 2012 and 2356 in the "Includes_Home.xml"

I use one for HD movies so would need to replace

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

with

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,special://profile/playlists/video/HD Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>

You can get the path from your "favourites.xml" if you add the playlist to favourites

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding HD movies to home screen like "movies" and "TV"0