• 3(current)
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.00
Got the same problem. I'm new with XBMC, but this is for me a very annoying problem, I love 3D movies.
Shame I have to keep my popcornhour next to the xbmc to watch 3D (subtitled) content.
Please fix this!
I think this is the problem im having in eden too... Any update on this? Cant watch a brmv bluray without subtitles. Very annoying! How to solve this?
This is a very serious problem in xbmc !
Its been there since xbmc 9? Now we are at version 11 and still no fix?
How do it solve this? This is really a dealbreaker!
Im using mediaportal for 2-3 years now where i can play all avchd and m2ts movies correct with subs displaying correct.
Still i would love to swith to XBMC becouse it looks and feels so much better... So i really hope this problem is going to be solved.
I got the feeling there is not much progression on this problem, ive been following this thread for a year now.. Undecided
Devs not picking up here?
Wanted to view the avengers bdmv .. Again same problem

You can avoid it by downloading separate srt file but this depends what the path is...
When for ex bdmv.. And the path to movie is to the m2ts file. Just drop the srt then. When the path is to bdmv index file... It aint working....
Anyone got ideas? This is really annoying!

In short. Workaround is using separate srt file but then the path should be to the m2ts file...

Or can I change the path to a movie in some way in the gui?
Or should i delete everything else like:

\bdmv\ playlist, clipinf, backup, auxdata ......
\bdmv\ certificate

Or does this contain info that i shouldnt get rid of..

Anyway this is all a workaround and not as it should be...

Subtitles should just work...

It also seems a bug ticket has been posted... but nothing happens..:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11729
Will this be fixed in upcoming frodo version?
Can someone please reply here.. Nobody else seeing this? I hardly can believe..
this thread already exists since 2010, dont hope to much...
think the only option for now is using external players in xbmc. Only thing is i dont have time to figure out how that is done.
It really sucks, im having it with m2ts, bdmv and isos

They are planning new features and stuff but a main thing like subs not working, they dont fix....
Its really a shame!
(2011-12-25, 06:18)CrystalP Wrote: This is most likely an ffmpeg issue. If recent VLC versions display the subs correctly, chances are v.good the problem will be solved in XBMC as well when we refresh ffmpeg. That's planned after Eden.

(2012-09-04, 19:14)Skank Wrote: It really sucks, im having it with m2ts, bdmv and isos

They are planning new features and stuff but a main thing like subs not working, they dont fix....
Its really a shame!

Have you tried a pre-Frodo build?
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-09-05, 22:48)thrak76 Wrote:
(2011-12-25, 06:18)CrystalP Wrote: This is most likely an ffmpeg issue. If recent VLC versions display the subs correctly, chances are v.good the problem will be solved in XBMC as well when we refresh ffmpeg. That's planned after Eden.

(2012-09-04, 19:14)Skank Wrote: It really sucks, im having it with m2ts, bdmv and isos

Its really a shame!

Have you tried a pre-Frodo build?

Latest VLC version,i tried, but it has the same issue...
MPC-HC, TMT5, Powerdvd, dune base,... all have not...
I haven't tried pre-Frodo, cause i really want a stable release...
Also when you look at the ticket that already exist.. theres a post in there saying the problem is still present on "pre-frodo!"
I think i found when you extract the forced subtitles from a .sup or pgs and remux your movie it won't work correctly, meaning it flashes the subs very fast. When i don't have to have to extract just the forced subs and use the file as it is and remux the movie with what ever audio and video i need it works. Although i have way too many movies that i have had to take the forced subs out so this problem needs to be fixed bad.
I have too different players that are not xbmc and they play the subs with no problems.
Yup remux helps but as you said, if you have a lot of movies, this is not an option..
As you said...with other players it works... So it should work with xbmc too..
Problem is that the problem is actually ffmeg and not xbmc self..
So we need a fix from ffmpeg and then make xbmc integrate it
You would think the people that work on ffmpeg should know about this problem by now. So i don't get what the hold up is, lets fix it already.

I don't get why more people haven't complained about this issue, If more do the better the chance of this getting fixed.

It's the only thing that is keeping me from enjoying xbmc.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.002