[MOD] VideoInfo, Video OSD and more...
Updated!

Fixed a few things and added this:

And if i resize my window, this:

Download
very nice !!!!
I like the settings menu. Lots of useful information.

The only thing stopping me from using this skin is the lack of Advanced Launcher support. I know that there are other more important things to worry about but if someone could get this going then that would be great.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Thanks frellAn... nicely done Nod
frellAn Wrote:Image

That's exactly what I was thinking about when I made my suggestion. Nicely done! Now if you can tackle the weather home screen that'd be awesome. The current weather info would go where the Featured section is and the forecast would go in the recently added section. Taking it one step further, have the three different cities in the submenu and changing the selection would change the info.

Now I'm not entirely sure that's even doable at the moment, but it'd save having to make another click and tie the home screen together even further.

I was also thinking the new Game screen you've added could use something like this as well. Perhaps a Featured Game and then 4 random ones from the collection. It'd be even better if you could hook into Advanced Launcher and get information from there (ie. number of games in collection, a list of collections, etc).
Just saw that the animations are kind of screwed up, and I took care of the Internet: thing better. Update soon Smile

Sranshaft Wrote:That's exactly what I was thinking about when I made my suggestion. Nicely done! Now if you can tackle the weather home screen that'd be awesome. The current weather info would go where the Featured section is and the forecast would go in the recently added section. Taking it one step further, have the three different cities in the submenu and changing the selection would change the info.

Now I'm not entirely sure that's even doable at the moment, but it'd save having to make another click and tie the home screen together even further.

I was also thinking the new Game screen you've added could use something like this as well. Perhaps a Featured Game and then 4 random ones from the collection. It'd be even better if you could hook into Advanced Launcher and get information from there (ie. number of games in collection, a list of collections, etc).

Yeah exactly, don't know if I could grab info from the Advanced Launcher though, that might be going in over my head since I know nothing of python. Will look into the Weather thing Smile
Would it be possible to add the XbmcFlicks plugin to the menu bar, and have the options appear in the submenu (instant queue, top 25, new, search, etc.)?
Just installed this, and I dig it! Nice work. I'll second the request for additional info on the Weather/Games screen.

The only problem is that on the MovieInfo screen, some of my movies don't have a picture for the frame at the top-right. Some do, and it's just the fanart for the movie like vanilla Fusion, but some don't have anything. What is supposed to be there?
Dunno, but my movie info is messed up, its just a frame, with nothing it, fanart should be there
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
I do like some of your ideas frellAn, I may be incorporating some into the official skin. Good work! Wink
Thanks OP exactly what I need, and thank Arcan for what I believe is now the BEST skin on xbmc!
ECEC Wrote:The only problem is that on the MovieInfo screen, some of my movies don't have a picture for the frame at the top-right. Some do, and it's just the fanart for the movie like vanilla Fusion, but some don't have anything. What is supposed to be there?
henrikyo Wrote:Dunno, but my movie info is messed up, its just a frame, with nothing it, fanart should be there

In my MOD fading extrathumbs is there, originally fanart was there. Since all my movies have extrathumbs I hadn't noticed that the fanart fallback wasn't working. Fixed that now anyway Smile Download the new file in the first post (it's updated)

Arcanthur Wrote:I do like some of your ideas frellAn, I may be incorporating some into the official skin. Good work! Wink

Very glad to hear that! What do you think about the lowercase letters, is that something you are going to stick with?
Would someone mind pointing me to the bit of code that would allow me to change the "Play Cinema Experience" button to the "Play Trailer" button? I don't mind doing it manually, but have no idea even where to start looking. Smile
I asked the question elsewhere, but maybe this might be a better place...

If I select a song to play, can I get it to go directly to the Music OSD? Is there something in this skin that will allow that? Some file to edit?

Thanks!
ECEC Wrote:Would someone mind pointing me to the bit of code that would allow me to change the "Play Cinema Experience" button to the "Play Trailer" button? I don't mind doing it manually, but have no idea even where to start looking. Smile

You have a play trailer button hidden if you go down in the menu, thought that was smart because not all movies have trailers Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] VideoInfo, Video OSD and more...0