Load Thumbnails/Fanart from Movie folder
I have read the wiki about Thumbnails but I can't get it to work.

This is my movie structure:

Movies\Movie 1 (2010)\Movie 1.mkv
Movies\Movie 2 (2006)\Movie 2.mkv

etc.

What I want is that XBMC should load the thumbnails and fanarts and the actors from those moviefolders instead of from the Userdata folder.

For example I want to store those images like this:

Movies\Movie 1 (2010)\Movie 1.mkv
Movies\Movie 1 (2010)\movie.tbn
Movies\Movie 1 (2010)\fanart.jpg
Movies\Movie 1 (2010)\.actors\actor-name.tbn

Movies\Movie 2 (2006)\Movie 2.mkv
Movies\Movie 2 (2006)\movie.tbn
Movies\Movie 2 (2006)\fanart.jpg
Movies\Movie 2 (2006)\.actors\actor-name.tbn

I took a look under the Videos section in the Thumbnails wiki but I can't get it to load as above, it only looks for them in the userdata folder? I deleted the one in the userdata folder, then it just thinks there is no more place to check Sad
the ones stored in the userdata folder are cached versions of the ones in the movies folder. These days you can't just delete the cached version because its also has a link to it stored in Textures.db (needs updating to be smart enough to know the cache doesn't exist anymore and pull new, but I get off topic..)

Why cache them to the userdata folder I hear you say? because if you use network shares for your media its way quicker to load them from a local copy than it is to fetch it from the network all the time
true, I just wanted an easier way of moving my movies, I don't need to fix the thumbs. But okay then I do it the hard way Smile
Though I got one problem:
There is alot in the Thumbnails folder. The thumb is in Video\hashstart\hash.tbn. The fanart is in Video\Fanart\hash.tbn. But where is all the actors and how do I find them by hash? And the extrathumbs too? How?
Please I need an answer to this Sad
Where is all the actors and extrathumbs stored?
\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails\Video\x
-stoli-
Delete the Textures.db and thumbnails folder, then set the content on your Movies folder to 'None'. This will wipe the library clean and allow you to set the content back to Movies so XBMC can scan your folders and re-cache all the new images you have.
Thx for the answers. There was no x folder in Thumbnails, though there were alot of other letters in were I found the actors images. But I think I formulated my question wrong. What I really wonder is how I calculate the hash to the actors of the movie?
the hash to the thumbnails and fanarts are a CRC hash of the path of the movie, but since there are like 6 actors at least per movie and you can't name a lot of files the same name I can't find them by the same hash as the fanarts and thumbs.

And thx hitcher for your answer, that will be useful later.
Cyb3rH4Xter

What you're looking for to generate the hash is:
Code:
actor<actorname>
for example to find Christopher Walken via hash, use the term
Code:
actorChristopher Walken
and the hash should generate 00c3c776.

Credit goes to:
gfoldv Wrote:You need the crc of the "actor" + <actorname> with lowercase letters.
In your example it is "actornicolas cage"
MakuraRyu Wrote:Cyb3rH4Xter

What you're looking for to generate the hash is:
Code:
actor<actorname>
for example to find Christopher Walken via hash, use the term
Code:
actorChristopher Walken
and the hash should generate 00c3c776.

Credit goes to:

Thank you!! Finally I got an answer Big Grin +rep

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help