Music -> I always get "library view"
Hi,

I love your skin and have used it for a long time on the previous XBMC version. Today, I installed the new XBMC 10.0 Dharma Live CD onto my ION330 System and ran into a small problem:

No matter what setting I make, if I hit "MUSIC" in the main menu, I always end up in "library mode", which isn't quite funny: Since there are some 80K tracks in there, it takes 25 seconds or so.
There is no way to make it start in list view. Normally, it was enough to disable the library button in the left menu en select "list view" and that was it. But if I do that, go back to the main menu and hit "music" again, I end up in "library mode" again.
It looks like it's just not saving the settings made in the left menu in the music section. In other sections it seems to work fine.
It's a real shame, as it's so terribly slow, it's rendering the music section useless :-(
use the Music > Files submenu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:use the Music > Files submenu.

After 2 years of going there directly, that's going to be a whole lot of times waiting those 20-something seconds. And I also have a "music" button on my remote that I can't give such a shortcut.
In the previous version it worked without any problem. Will it be "corrected" (I have no idea if you planned it this way our not Smile ) Or is there maybe a file I can edit?
For the moment I returned to Confluence, but I like your skin way better Nod
TFHfony Wrote:After 2 years of going there directly, that's going to be a whole lot of times waiting those 20-something seconds.
on the Home Menu, navigate to music, then press 'right'.
you'll get a submenu to quickly access Files.

TFHfony Wrote:And I also have a "music" button on my remote that I can't give such a shortcut.

why not? should as simple as adding this to your keymap:
<musicbutton>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles)</musicbutton>

TFHfony Wrote:In the previous version it worked without any problem. Will it be "corrected" (I have no idea if you planned it this way our not Smile ) Or is there maybe a file I can edit?

Includes_Home.xml, change ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary) to ActivateWindow(MusicFiles) (2 times).

i'll look into changing it back to how it used to behave. ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:on the Home Menu, navigate to music, then press 'right'.
you'll get a submenu to quickly access Files.
I know Smile I just meant I will forget this the first 100 times Smile I am quite stubborn

Quote:Includes_Home.xml, change ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary) to ActivateWindow(MusicFiles) (2 times).

i'll look into changing it back to how it used to behave. ;-)

Works again like a charm! Thanks Smile
I too am getting the same issue that TFHfony is getting. I set my music to "fanart" however when going back to the main menu and going back to music, it automatically goes to library mode, meaning that I have to change it back to fanart to see my folders the way I had arranged them. Anyway to "fix" this?
draco Wrote:I too am getting the same issue that TFHfony is getting. I set my music to "fanart" however when going back to the main menu and going back to music, it automatically goes to library mode, meaning that I have to change it back to fanart to see my folders the way I had arranged them. Anyway to "fix" this?

Well, Ronnie did give the answer a few messages up Smile

Quote:Includes_Home.xml, change ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary) to ActivateWindow(MusicFiles) (2 times).
This file can be found in the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p

Good luck!
thanks will try this adjustment tonight and see how I go. Someone didn't "see" Ronie's answer
Edited the xml as per the instructions and problem now sorted. Thanks.
TFHfony Wrote:Well, Ronnie did give the answer a few messages up Smile

This file can be found in the /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p

Good luck!

Cant find the file. Im running portabel mode, maybe this is why?
Also commin up in library mode everytime, and would like it to open my files right away
frank75 Wrote:Cant find the file. Im running portabel mode, maybe this is why?
Also commin up in library mode everytime, and would like it to open my files right away

windows ?

check these possible locations:
Quote:1. Portable: Program Files\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency\720p
2. Windows Xp: Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency\720p
3. Vista/Windows 7: Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.transparency\720p
Sorry, looked for Home.xml, not Includes_Home.xml Smile
Found it and fixed it, thx.

And one more thing.

Is it possible to make the Music button go directly to my files?
Now after pressing Music i get to choose:
Music Add-ons
Music (here are my files)
Add source
frank75 Wrote:Sorry, looked for Home.xml, not Includes_Home.xml Smile
Found it and fixed it, thx.

And one more thing.

Is it possible to make the Music button go directly to my files?
Now after pressing Music i get to choose:
Music Add-ons
Add source

right click on Music and select 'Make Default'.
restart xbmc and it should now always open this folder.
ronie Wrote:right click on Music and select 'Make Default'.
restart xbmc and it should now always open this folder.

Great Smile

But when i backspace i end up here again:
Music Add-ons
Add source
And then main menu.

When i choose music button in main menu again i end up here again:
Music Add-ons
Add source
And have to choose Music again.

The best thing for my setup would be like librarymode as in Movies. But also have this on Music and Pictures (but not librarymodus, just filemodus).

This is my filelist of music.
When i stay here, will it be possible to go directly back to main manu with backspace, and if i have to add souce or something i just can go upp to the red circle above Peaches.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music -> I always get "library view"0