DiNovo Mini media keys not working
My DiNovo Mini was working normally until a week or so ago when the media buttons (play/pause, stop, track skip) just stopped responding. The keys are registering because the overlay pops up normally but nothing happens. If there was another program running in the background previously (like Windows Media Player or my bd player) the buttons will control it though! I'll want to press play/pause in xbmc and the next thing I know i'm hearing whatever song or video I was playing in another program. Little help?
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
We need to find out what the DiNovo is sending to XBMC. Go into System settings, System, Debugging and enable debug logging then press any media key a few times, then turn logging off again. Now open the xbmc.log (e.g. press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type: %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log) and put a copy of the log file on pastebin.com and post the link to it here. We'll be able to tell from the log what XBMC is receiving from the DiNovo.

JR
Snarfo,

first question would of course be what you did to the set a week ago or so when it suddenly stopped working?! Changes to the computer itself or also to XBMC insides?

I have the DiNovo Mini and it still works on my set running Windows 7. I have seen other posts that there are other issues with teh DiNovo but mine works very well.. on the other hand I installed and ran the MCE add-on to teh computer. It did some registry fixes and perhaps that also helped in teh diNovo case. i do not know but it works very good anyway and I do NOT have the problems other have raised with the DiNovo so perhaps worth a try.

The other idea is if you have changed any settings inside the XBMC settings on how to receive IR. if I recall right there is a setting stating if you should receive keyboard strokes or remote... Under setting/systems... perhaps another thing that might help?
I'll try to get an error log asap when I have some time. I hadn't made any changes to the system though since I wasn't home for a week... so I can't pinpoint what might have happened in the interim. I did try the 'remote sends keystrokes' option but no love there.

One oddity I noticed last night in the Windows 7 devices and printers is the DiNovo Mini is no longer listed there as such with its cute icon like it used to be. Instead it shows up as a generic keyboard device. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling it tonight when I get home.
Windows 11 Pro, Kodi 20, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32gb RAM, nVidia 3080 ti
I know this is a 4 year old thread, but Im facing the same problem with Kodi.

Was using Frodo in ubuntu for 2 years and logitech dinovo mini, with absolutely no problems, every media key worked on the keyboard.

Upgraded to Gotham, and lost the ability to play VIDEO_TS folders - but the media keys on the dinovo mini were working nicely...

Due to the VIDEO_TS bug then I upgraded to Kodi... and my media keys on the dinovo mini stopped working on Kodi. They work perfectly well with any other app on ubuntu, and to control ubuntu mixer as well.
PROBLEM SOLVED, in my case at least (using Ubuntu 14.10).

This was a conflict between Kodi and Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts. Dont know why, but Gotham and Frodo ignored Ubuntu keyboard shortcuts, while Kodi does not ignore them. When there is a keyb shortcut for the keys on the remote, Kodi doesnt receive the onKey event for it.

It was just a matter of going to Ubuntu System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Sound and Media and disabling all shortcuts in that section. After that, all media keys on the Logitech dinovo mini started to work again in Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DiNovo Mini media keys not working0