Adding video source on revo - username and pasword?
I've been trying to add videos from my pc via the network onto my revo 3610, i get to where it lists my pc so i click on it and i get a screen saying "lock settings" and i have to enter a username and password.

what is the user name and password it is looking for? i've tried my pc user name which isn't it

driving me mad!

any help will be greatly appreciated
can anyone help me with this, i get the error message when i try to access my share folder on my pc

I click on

Videos ) add source ) smb ) workgroup ) my pc name )

It's when i click on my pc name i get the screen which says "lock settings" user name and password
anyone?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Win...BA/CIFS%29
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I've had a read of that and to be honest I've already done most of it, I've tried adding a source from my laptop and it worked but no matter what I do on my desktop I keep getting asked for a user name and password... Any ideas??
nobody had this or can help?
post sources.xml

what OS is your pc running?
have you tried using IP instead of hostname?
m3g4tr0n Wrote:post sources.xml

what OS is your pc running?
have you tried using IP instead of hostname?

post sources .xml?

i'm running windows 7 , haven't triede using ip how do i do that?

tried again now and it's not even seeing my pc im getting "error 2Confusedhare not available" :mad:
Check the xbmc folder (where your settings are), it's in the folder called "userdata", so post the info inside sources.xml here.
When I used to keep my shares on a Windows machine I would run into this frustration all the time. I tracked my cause down to the "Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant" via numerous posts on this forum. It's bound to their Live Messenger program and (I think) any extra bloat MS tries to shove into your system under the Games for Windows name. It seems that this "Assistant" piece of junk's sole purpose is to destroy access to your samba shares. I certainly never witnessed it providing it's valuable assistance signing in to anything... Once I'd uninstalled Windows Live Messenger (along with assistant) the usename/password prompt went away.

To add to the frustration, even once you've successfully removed the assistant, if you have your Windows system set to auto-update our friends at Microsoft will shoehorn the garbage back into your setup under the guise of a "critical update". Then you'll come home, flop on the sofa, think you're going to fire up a movie and get this little gem: "file is no longer available, would you like to remove it from the library?". Blah. Time to kill the assistant again...

If you find that this is your problem, do yourself a favor and uninstall anything that has to do with Windows Live and make sure you shut off Windows auto-update. Perhaps try Trillain for your IM needs. It's actually a much better program anyway. Or take it one step further like I did and build an UnRAID server. Smile

Hope this helped.
Praesten Wrote:Check the xbmc folder (where your settings are), it's in the folder called "userdata", so post the info inside sources.xml here.

sorry but how do i access this folder?

i've deleted windows live and it's still asking for user nma and password
A few other things to try is double check that the workgroup name is set to the same thing in both XBMC and Windows (generally WORKGROUP or MSHOME) and it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and build a profile in windows with access rights to use for the credentials of. Something clever like a user named XBMC and a password of XBMC. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding video source on revo - username and pasword?0