How can I stop a program when a movie starts and resume it when it's finished?
The skin files which are installed by default are in /usr/share/xbmc/addons/ (skin.confluence for the default one). I'm not much of a coder/skinner myself, but grepping for script in there shows how the default scripts are setup in for example 720p/Home.xml.

Hope it gets you going in the right direction at least.
well, I got the irexec solution working now and I know someone who's a lot better with all this, who wanted to look into this these days..
I resolved this issue by compiling Squeezeplay, and running it using the Executer plugin. The plugin calls up Fluxbox, which then loads IRXEVENT (for remote) and the squeezeplay.sh file. When you close Squeezeplay, the script terminates everything.

Squeezeplay gives you the same interface that is on the Squeezebox touch screen unit, and makes it controllable from the remote.

If you are interested, I can write up a how-to, but it may take me a couple of days as we just had a baby.
Oh, thx for the very nice offer! In my case a GUI is just /not/ what I want, because I want to be able to listen to music /without/ turning on any monitor, because my only monitor is a beamer. Having the beamer on at all times is no option of course. Also I have set up several squeeze devices (a squeezeradio in the bathroom, a squeezeplay in the kitchen and now a squeezeslave in the livingroom) which all act as a group and play the music simultaniosly. All this is controlled conveniently via an ipod using ipeng.

I figured, I am not unhappy with the irexec solution because all I have to do is press one button on the remote after I decided which movie to watch and squeezeslave turns of and frees the sound output. Having this automated would be a tiny litttle more convenient but on the other hand I'm sure it could be annoying, if the music would kick in again right after having finished a movie. So I guess I am rather fine now as it is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I stop a program when a movie starts and resume it when it's finished?0