NAS Setup
I have beewn using XBMC for over a year now and have built up a good selection of playlists. Current set up is a Shuttle PC set up as HTPC to my LCD 42" Samsung, all my movies and music are stored on this machine. Due to having various machines on my home network running win 7 i have decided to by a Iomega 1TG NAS and have now transfered all my media files to this, works great for me but i am now on the verge of moving my music filder for the HTPC over to the NAS but, i am worried about the playlists i have set up.

Is this a simple thing to do or, do i run the risk of loosing all the playlists, apologies about my knowledge of file structures etc but, all muy music is stored in the "my music" folder with a structure of artist/tracks, i also store most of my fanart in these folders.

any help would be appreciated
any takers?
You might be ok but you need to show us what your path looks like inside the playlists. You can mount the NAS drive with a letter to help simulate the same path but the drive C: is probably going to be your biggest issue if that's what's in your playlists. The easiest solution is a global search and replace editor to change the paths.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS Setup0