Game-Saves Manager built-into XBMC
just a idea so i can rid of masdash once and for all. the ablity to magnage ya xbox saves as msdash does.
"yeh but what does it do?" thats the question u ask the midwife when ya missis has givern birth as she hands you the child hehe
while i never do the xblive thing i plan to remove my stock ms dash completely and use only xbmc. there is however one thing stopping me, i use xbmc as my default dash since its clean and to the point but every time i inquire about an app that manages savegames i am steered to another dash either ms or ava (i cant stand either of them, mainly as my kids also use my xb as does my wife and the total shift from simple sterring would send them to a tizzy and drive me nuts in the process).

so i put it to the gurus here, is there an application or intended update that will allow me to use or manipulate rather savegames on the disk that will work similar to the ms dash or that in ava (although make a backup and save it elsewhere on the disk would be heavenly for when they slip and delete my stuff)?
i think there is a python script that does this but cant vouch for it myself. i think unleashx has a very well done save games manager. in any case this probably isnt going to have big priority as there is still alot of core stuff that can be improved.
one would think goal one would be to reasonably duplicate what the msdash does and then add features to make it appealing (logical path) doesnt seem to be the case here i guess.
the goal is a high quality media center. it is not the goal for it to be a complete dashboard replacement. sure, it almost is (is completely for me as i don't bother with save games) but it's not the number 1 priority. ofcourse if someone would like to write a patch for it, that's up to them. i'm sure it'd be taken on board.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

simple manager saves to delete saves and download for internet.
hi,

i think many times you've replied to this request, but it's could be really usefull to include a gamesave manager...
Sad 
i really wanna know how i can put some of my save games from my action replay mem stick into the save games manager. but i cant figure it out. i am a newbie to xbmc becuz i bought my modded xbox off ebay. soo please help me out someone. any help is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:
plz someone i really need to know how to get game saves from my memory card onto my xbox with xbmc soo i can use them.
i posted this at 20:11 and a dude posted a topic at 20:47. and hes already got 3 replies. soo someone Confused plz. cuz i cant play my save games on my xbmc xbox till someone helps me.
the saves manager is very necesary. the priority of the group is the dvd player. what this is finished, the saves manager is a very god idea
yeah, there were only two things stopping me from only needing xbmc. full dvd playback and a save game manager. now that dvd support has been added in, all i need is that to say good by the xbox dashboard.
i`m in the same boat, a game save manager and then i can ditch the original dash. would it be a simple script that points at the e drive and reads the data and then we can have the option to copy or delete, or is it more complicated than that.
i know that this feature isn't part of the original gameplan for xbmc, but one could argue that xbmc has become fairly stable and feature rich. it already exceeded my initial expectations and then-some.

in reality, xbmc has become the default dashboard for many of its users, and i think a gave saves manager is a logical extension of the project now.

i hope to see it done either by a first party or third party.
(jmarshall @ jan. 21 2005,22:35 Wrote:it's not the number 1 priority. of course if someone would like to write a patch for it... ...i'm sure it'd be taken on board.
seconded :hmm: ...my suggestions to end-users wanting this feature is either learn to program in c++ (for directx api) or try to lobbying someone else to code it and submit a patch for it
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(conners @ sep. 19 2005,15:15 Wrote:i`m in the same boat, a game save manager and then i can ditch the original dash. would it be a simple script that points at the e drive and reads the data and then we can have the option to copy or delete, or is it more complicated than that.
that script exists and works very well:

http://www.xbmcscripts.com/modules....emid=36

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Game-Saves Manager built-into XBMC0