Need a startup script
I've got the a web interface running on my ubuntu machine to access XBMC, CouchPotato, Transmission and Sickbeard; Only problem is sometimes my girlfriend will turn off XBMC to listen to spotify etc and loose connection to the JSON API...

I would like to have XBMC start when the computer boots up, but also be able to issue a start command from the web interface in case it's down. I haven't messed with startup commands past guides I've done with other apps etc so don't know the best way of doing this (init.d or service etc).

I'm a bit stumped as my efforts have failed, so if anyone has a script they're using to simply see if XBMC is running and if not start it, that would be excellent!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Niietzshe
You are using an Ubuntu desktop? In that case you can start on boot by simply adding xbmc to the start-up applications. How to start up web interface I dont know. But you can install irexec and start it from the remote.
Hey vikjon0,
Yeah I have it starting up fine through Ubuntu's Startup app etc..
But I need a startup SCRIPT so I can call it from the web interface. This is so when I'm at work and want to access it across the internet, if XBMC is not active I would be able to launch it from the browser.
That would be up to the web interface...it it allow custom commands. I have no idea.
You could setup ssh or NX server and access the machine from work and execute the startscript manually.
Yeah I know, I've been doing , manual ssh to keep stuff organised, but now i'm using XBNE to control everything to make it easier for the missus to add/control stuff.

I just need a startup script, something that I could issue over ssh like "transmission start", then I can add that script to the interface to start up from there...
Some people must be launching XBMC from a startup script as I've seen it mentioned before. I'm going to have a quick look at writing my own (been meaning to have a go anyway), if anyone has made one already though, could you give me a shout.

Thanks
Niietzshe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need a startup script0