[LINUX] Audio HDMI problems
I'm having a big HDMI audio problem. I'm using arch linux, and the graphics card is a 7050 NVidia GeForce. The HDMI cable is going right into the TV.

At first, I couldn't get any audio at all to work. After following http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...controller I can get button sounds, and movie sound as long as I disable dts and dolby.

If I run
Code:
mplayer -ao alsa audio.mp3
I can hear audio just fine. Same with speaker-test. With xbmc though, no such luck. When I try to play an MP3, even the button sounds stop working until I stop playback. Same thing with youtube, etc.

It seems that changing the settings in SYSTEM>SYSTEM>AUDIO OUTPUT doesn't make any difference whatsoever. Button sounds always work and mp3s etc never do.
One thread suggested using the latest nvidia drivers. I think the thread was assuming ubuntu, or possibly debian. I tried using nvidia-beta from the arch AUR but I couldn't even get X running. Arch keeps its packages very up to date and I would be surprised if the beta drivers would fix anything.
Have you tried downloading the drivers directly from Nvidia?
It would also be interesting to know if it works if you boot up a xbmcLive 10.0 CD.
I tried it with a Live CD and wasn't getting any audio from HDMI at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Audio HDMI problems0