[Live] Very low audio level - can almost hear nothing
Hi

Im having some issues when im using XBMC Live (installation), the output audio level is very low. If i use XBMC on windows platform, the audio is fine, so it seems to me this only happen on XBMCLive. I have check the Boost-function in the Audio-menu but did not seems to do anything for me.

Im ending up to have to turn the volume on the TV to full blast to hear anything at all.

I searched the forum and i found a similar issue ( http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=7258 ) but this was reported on XBMC running on XBox, but this is run on PC with XBMCLive.

On the computer/netbook i have alternate keys to adjust volume but even this is not working, so any help is appreciated.

XMBC Live (10), Installed-version
Computer: Asus Eee PC 1000H

Frank, Norway
Have you tried going to another console (ctrl+alt+f3 for example) and launching alsamixer to raise the levels?

Or maybe for some reason the sound is lowered, try pressing the + sign on the keyboard whilst inside XBMC to see if that fixes it?
Praesten Wrote:Have you tried going to another console (ctrl+alt+f3 for example) and launching alsamixer to raise the levels?

Or maybe for some reason the sound is lowered, try pressing the + sign on the keyboard whilst inside XBMC to see if that fixes it?

That helped, thank you very much :-)
But, i still think the audio level i general is alot lower then on Windows platform, but i increased all the output in alsamixer. The soundlevel internally in XBMC was at full, but after adjusting the level in alsamixer its much better now :-)
Glad it helped somewhat, did you increase all possible levels that could affect to 80%+ ?
You can also install the audiomixer addon from the
official addon repo. This way you can adjust in xbmc itself.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
@Praesten: I increased everything to 100%

@The-Boxhead: I came across this one as well, but after i posted this thread, anyway thank you for mention it to me. :-)

Lesson learned: Audio is generally lower (but within acceptance when adjusting in Alsamixer or the add-on) then on Windows platform.

Thanks for all the help :-)

Frank, Norway
I've also experienced the same, tried the Audio mixer but still not as loud as prev version. I'm using a Toshiba laptop as the player with XMBC Live. Any further help would be appreciated.
The-Boxhead Wrote:You can also install the audiomixer addon from the
official addon repo. This way you can adjust in xbmc itself.
Good afternoon to all of you
Unfortunately i can not find any audiomixer addon.
Can you please show me the paths how to find this addon?
Thanks for your attention..................

Is it only for Linux or aslo for WIN7 I am using WIN7

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Very low audio level - can almost hear nothing0