Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?
(2013-01-03, 17:22)gizmotoy Wrote:
(2013-01-03, 13:34)Louike Wrote: the textures, true fullscreen and disable glow were indeed performance gains but the main issue remained for me. Only until after i deleted guisettings.xml, and installed nox to a different directory, the issue was solved for me.

I'll add this to the list of things to try this weekend. Were you able to re-enable glow after doing this? I know my Nox install directory is something like Aeon Nox - Master since I installed from a zip file instead of the skin.aeon_nox format typically used by repos. Not sure what's in the guisettings.xml, though.

i'm pretty sure deleting/renaming the guisettings file is sufficient. the final version from repo also works for me. (it uses the same guisettings.xml)
Frodo added a light implementation of dirtyregions (level 3), which seems to cause problems with all skins on my system (i5 3570k). I seem to have fixed the problem I was having by disabling dirty regions completely (set it to "0"). Nox wall view still runs a bit choppy, but it was like this on Eden as well. All other skins run beautifully, even in their respective wall views (xperience1080, reFocus Big). Anyway ... can't wait for Frodo final now Smile.
I'm having the same issue but I managed to find a "solution". Simply, roll back to the previous catalyst drivers. Any idea on why is that?
Not sure if it is related, but i was also getting a bit of sluggish performance on my htpc. I set my video resolution to 1080i (was set on 1080p) and aeon nox was behaving like before and everything is fast again.
(2013-01-30, 15:26)dukko Wrote: I'm having the same issue but I managed to find a "solution". Simply, roll back to the previous catalyst drivers. Any idea on why is that?

Care to share which Catalyst driver version you're using that seems to work? I just got a notice to upgrade the other day and I've been putting it off.
Catalyst 12.10 seemed to fix this for me.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4 - XBMC RC1 - Low Frame Rates in certain Menus?0