• 7(current)
[RELEASE] MovieSets (Video) Addon - Show Movie Sets Info Sets for Skins / Skinners
First off FROSTBOX - this addon is one of the best - A BIG THANKS for creating and all your efforts.

Secondly

(2012-02-27, 02:12)Deano316 Wrote: This seems like an interesting add on. Two quick questions, 1) can you add extras to your movie sets? 2) would it be possible to add something similar to tvtunes to it?

(2012-03-02, 17:45)Deano316 Wrote: Took the leap and started using movie sets Big Grin Now I know that tmdb can be used to scrape synopsis but can you add your own info to the movie sets (plot of trilogy/saga etc.) and if so where is the info locally stored so I can edit it manually if necessary?

Also would it be possible to create a two-tiered set. For example:

The Underworld Collection>

Underworld>

Underworld
Making of Underworld

Just wondering as I have a bunch of movie extras that I would like to group together with their respective movies. Ideally having a theme (mp3) running whilst browsing said movie set.

I'm running Aeon Nox on Vista. Great work by the way really helps tidy up my movie collection Nod

Deano been reading your thread about how you used the TV set up to create an extras series and when I added this addon last night I had the very same thought as above re using it for extras. I assume to do this though we'd need to tweak the nfo files yes? in order to create the extras as movie titles (I dont believe these can be scrapped from TMDB unless someone is adding?)

As for your other point, I'd second that - great idea - to separate the movies and extras - a big thumbs up.

Using this with MQ3 and Eden - seesm to work just fine. Need to look at the detail more tonight.

Quick question - can the set be linked to the moviedb to create the overview for the set and if so how do you search for 'collections' in moviedb?

OK found out how to find collections, just need to work out how to link to.
*Removed*
Hi,

After installing Movie Sets 2.1.1, XBMC-Eden freezes and i have to do a ctrl-alt-del to quit.

I have tried it with Aeon Nox 3.0.0 and the Confluence (Mod) Movie Sets skin.

XBMC 11.0 - Eden
Aeon Nox
Does moviesets work with shared Thumbs in a remote location?

I am use mysql to share my database and <pathsubstitution> for my thumbs. When I try to view any movie sets, my error log show that it can't find the .tbn's that it needs. It is only looking in the local location and not the <pathsubstition> locating. If I copy my Thumbs folder back to local, then it finds and displays them properly, though it takes quit awhile before it displays them.

Skins I have tried are Glass, Aeon Nox Git, and Confluence [mod] movie sets.

Is there a way to tell it to only use the substituted location of the Thumbs?
Thanks for this wonderful addon. Have some small issues/sugestions. When use confluence movieset mod and choose mediainfo 2 as view the poster for the movieset is in the background of the movieset info not sure this is skinning or addon issue.

The other sugestion i have is that it would be nice if i chooose for example to sort my movie db after year the moviesets would dissapear. Only when sorting alphabetically the moviesets would up. Not sure if this is addon,, skinning or something els related.

One other thing is it possible to just show the name of the movies in a set insted of all the info about every movie?

/Arnold
This is to the skinner what to show and what. Ot, the addon creator just gives you all the possibilities.
Hi,

It will be great if we could browse SMB sharing when selecting dowload folder for fanart and thumb.

I don't know, if the option concern this addon or the skin (butcha, i'm on your amazing Cirrus, so ... Smile ).
You should try to add your smb as source with the xbmc file manager.
I'm not familier with file manager, but i've tried and added my smb as source.

First, when i have to choose where autodownload fanart (via movieset addon menu), it's now show me only the smb source i added in file manager.
And it doesn't list anymore the local drive (C: , D: etc..)
why not Smile

Auto Download seems to be OK => i can see dowland progress bar.
But, nothing is dowloaded, and i get this log for all fanart :

Code:
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1] smb://SYNOLOGATES/video/Film/Star Wars/extrafanart/vB8f8PXd2RO1iKebY8V11gEfztu.jpg
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1] Traceback (most recent call last):
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1]   File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.moviesets\lib\dialogs.py", line 256, in _download
                                            [MovieSets-2.1.1]     fp, h = urllib.urlretrieve( url, dest, lambda nb, bs, fs: _pbhook( nb, bs, fs ) )
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1]   File "D:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 93, in urlretrieve
                                            [MovieSets-2.1.1]     return _urlopener.retrieve(url, filename, reporthook, data)
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1]   File "D:\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 243, in retrieve
                                            [MovieSets-2.1.1]     tfp = open(filename, 'wb')
12:14:05 T:5720   ERROR: [MovieSets-2.1.1] IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: u'smb://SYNOLOGATES/video/Film/Star Wars/extrafanart/vB8f8PXd2RO1iKebY8V11gEfztu.jpg'

Other Addons, like Artist Slide Show, and CDart Manager work with SMB without added any source in file manager.
There are addons that requires adding sources (See advanced launcher for example). Just try to add all your drives as source with the file manager, then they should appear.

BTW: This is not skin related Smile

I'll try this way, but anyway i'll get error in my log, and the .jpg file are never saved on my SMB source.

Another question, maybe skin related :p
Is-it possible to show extrafanart / extrathumb for movie set when browsing ?
If it's possible, what is the good way to do it ?
extrafanarts and extrathumbs are skin features
Hello,

I cannot see the info labels and the posters of the movies that in movie sets
i checked it with several skins (Aeon MQ3, Aeon Nox, Confluence), and i still cannot see the info labels and the posters in the infopanel

Thanks,
Idan
that's features of skins, every views work with movieset just in two skin, confluence movieset and Glass
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MovieSets (Video) Addon - Show Movie Sets Info Sets for Skins / Skinners6