Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback
Hi!

I am currently experiencing random freezing from xbmc during video playback of locally stored files and I can not seem to figure out the cause. As stated the freezings seem to occur at random intervals and are some times several hours apart but often more frequent.

My system configuration is as follows:

CPU: Intel i3 540
Board: Gigabyte H55N
RAM: Corsair 4GB DDR3
Harddrive: Samsung F4

Operating system: Win 7 64-bit
XBMC version: 10.0 (although the same problem occured in all dharma betas)

DXVA is on, I have tried to tweak the settings in most ways possible but with no success, any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Below you will find a complete Debug Log where freezing occurred at 21.48 and 21.50.

http://pastebin.com/6inAC891
Code:
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
That means the video and audio players aren't getting any data from the demuxer, which might indicate a problem with reading the file.
Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Tried updating the firmware for my HD204UI and running a full set of drive diagnostics with EStool yesterday and it all checked out.

What's strange is that if I play the same video twice it doesn't freeze on the same frame. Will test a complete reinstall of xbmc, drivers and maybe run memtest during the day.

I'll be damned if I have to return my corsair ram-module a second time.
i have exactly the same problem running Windows 7 32 bit on Ion
Ok, full reinstall of Windows and XBMC seems to have done the trick. I guess for me the freezing was caused by faulty windows installation due to a defective ram-module which is now replaced.

Case closed for my part.
Thanks for your attention and a swell piece of software!
Exact same problem with basically the same setup (windows 7 64 bits, i3 540, Gigabyte mini ITX H55 USB3, 2x2 Go Geil RAM, Samsung SpinPoint MT2).

I think my system is pretty stable, memtest and OCCT detected no problem, but sometimes my movies just stop, and I need to restart them manually. I'll enable logging and post a log next time it does that.
Ok, delay that last message. The freezing is back.

From what I can tell it only occurs on sd-material which I find strange. But since BlueScreenJunky experiences the same issue on a virtually identical setup, it leads me to believe that our problem might be driver related. Any thoughts on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Oh, actually I totally forgot that I'm using a HD5450, not the core i3 IGP (is DXVA even supposed to work with it ?). So it's not really the same setup.
Anyway, it happened on HD (h.264 720p mkv) content, but hasn't done so in a while... I've turned logging on and am waiting for it to happen again.
On the matter of DXVA working on i3 IGP. Well it lowers my CPU-usage significantly when running 1080p video.
i have a similar problem with some short random freezing on my acer revo.
I think i solved it through changing the audio output in the settings/system 'audio output device' to "directsound: primary device".
Now i just hope the freezing is gone.
I’ve excluded real time scanning/checking of xbmc.exe from my anti-virus software. Haven’t had freezes for last 3 days. Maybe that was my problem.
dont know if its related but i had also these kind of troubles. ( i should mention here that i also run sab+sickbeard on the same system)

not quite my first guess but after testing and monitoring it turned out it was the load on the hdd that was responsible. playing 1080P and downloading/repair/processing was a bit too much.
after allowing sab to use a bit more memory to cache and lowering its priority while setting xbmc at a higher priority it all works nicely without a single hickup.

its ofcourse not necessaraly the same, but certainly something to check when troubleshooting.
I am having this exact same problem on Windows x64. However, this only happens to me when I play SD content (XviD AVIs). It does not happen at all when playing HD content (x264 MKVs).

XBMC will pause at random times during playback for about 20-30 seconds. I've seen it happen up to 3 times during a single video. It is easily reproduced because it happens at least once during any SD video. I have DXVA enabled. Everything is played from the local hard disk which is set not to spin down in the power settings.

At first I thought it was a problem with a hard drive, but the drive has been replaced. The system runs flawlessly and has passed Memtest86 and a Passmark burn-in. I run no anti-virus software. This continued to occur even after a fresh re-install of Windows.

CPU: Intel i3 530
Board: Gigabyte H55M-USB3
RAM: G-Skill 8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6850

I've posted my log below. It's a fresh log from startup playing a SD video. The log ends at the point where the freeze occurred. Nothing else was logged when playback resumed.

http://pastebin.com/9Ky0pXcb

Please help!
Glad im not the only one getting this problem i was about to reinstall windows and xbmc, but it don't sound like thats the problem from this post as a lot of people with different setups seem to be getting the same issue of random freezing on video playback.

For me i only play MKV files, tv shows and movies and they all random freeze, but to show you how random it is i did watch one tv show and got through the whole episode (40 odd mins) without the freeze. Loaded the next episode and sure enough about 15 mins in an freeze!

Im running Windows 7 64 bit Intel Dual Core CPU, ATI HD5750, 8gb ddr2 ram and using HDMI out to my Onkyo tx-sr508 amp and then hdmi to TV.

I hope someone gets to the bottom of this as i love XBMC and would hate to lose it!
Sorry, realized that I didn't do a full debug log. Redid it and it's located here:

http://pastebin.com/h9gcH9ud

The first instance of it happening is at 00:24:41, and it happened again several times while watching a bunch of different SD videos.

See 2 posts above for the other details.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback0