Western Digital 320GB Sata II HD 7200rpm
USB UIRT

Windows 7 Ultimate

everything updated to current drivers.

No anti-virus.

AERO disabled.

Firewall disabled.

XBMC Latest version.

Now we had no problems with version 9.X Opengl worked great never a problem.

Now with version 10.X with DirectX crashes randomly all the time.

Some times crashes when XBMC is running and we are not using it.

XBMC is the only thing crashes. Can stop and restart with the three finger salute CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Running other programs like Boxee, VPN to run IPlayer and so forth no crashes.

XBMC running by itself and no movies or music or anything chosen. it will crash. Sometimes it will crash after a few moments when first started. sometimes after an hour or so. its totally random.

The picture will freeze and the sound will continue for about 30-60 seconds that it all hangs. ctrl-alt-del to stop it running and then run it again.

Seems to be a directX issue since opengl never happened.

thoughts and suggestions.

I would go back to 9.x but does nto support bluray.

BTW is does not matter whether its avi, mkv, x264, iso, ts, mp4 etc.

thanks for all reply and suggestion that are positive.
I'm running Win7 32bit

posted details here

Sad
these are old messages but i have to ask:
I'd like to know if there is a solution for this error CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet

I'm running win7 x64 , the videos work fine on Dvbviewer using Arcsoft codec or Coreavc + ffdshow ,only on Xbmc it's a problem

I will add that strangely enough an HD stream with AVC/dolby digital 2.0 play just fine (recorded on the sat from ITV1 Hd) whereas and AVC/ 2.0 or 5.1 dolby digital plus don't play or partially before a freeze.

Yes i have installed the special version with the Hd audio (hdmi support)
anyone find a solution for the "CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet"? I'm using my windows 7 pc mainly as a media server and all my xbmc clients get this error Sad
Heres a log of my crash. The screen goes black and I can't do anything to get out besides ctrl+alt+delete and sometimes that doesn't work so I have to log out or reboot. I had to cut the first part because pastebin said the file was too large.

13:30:08 T:5824 ERROR: D3DERR_DEVICEHUNG
13:30:08 T:5824 DEBUG: D3DERR_DEVICELOST

...happens everytime

http://pastebin.com/YcVmUH1A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback0