Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback
I also have lots of issues with xbmc 10.0 with video locking for about a min or two then being thrown back to the menu.

First some specs from computers with the problem:
comp 1: (main XBMC rig plugged in to HDTV)
windows 7 64bit
amd sempron 140
integrated HD3400 ati grafix or AMD HD5450 pci-e card
asrock motherboard
4gb of ddr2 ram
320 gb sata drive

comp 2: (main use skin dev)
windows 7 64bit
Phenom II 965
AMD HD5850
asus motherbord
8gb ddr3 ram
2TB Hard drive
  • I have run media of my nas or locally makes no difference will lock up non the same

• dxva on or off will still lockup

• Re-install of xbmc

• Complete system re-install

• Complete system reinstall of NAS

• Dumping the database of all the files and what not

• Using a different gfx driver catalyst 10.0 – 10.12 (11.1 will blue screen the system when installing)

When looking at xbmc logs the one common thing is
16:58:36 T:5332 M:4294967295 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
16:58:37 T:6320 M:4294967295 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

I'm really at a lost here and it is frustrating as hell trying to watch anything
@Kapten: That's exactly what we've been seeing, so you're not alone.

I see everyone (including myself) is using Windows 7 x64. Has anyone had these problems in the 32-bit version of Windows 7?

If not, that must be the common thread. I'm going to try downgrading to that eventually and see if these problems cleared up.
@neuralclone that is what I was leaning towards two, either win7 64bit or my AMD radeon HD card.

The problem seem to have gone away or been severely reduced when I installed catalyst 10.9 driver now xbmc has started to minimize once a day for some reason do not know if it is related

Is anyone else seeing this with a nvidia card? I will try to find a nvidia card to test.
@Kapten I looked earlier in this post and I know one person reported problems using the Intel Integrated Graphics. But you're right, it could be a problem with ATI/AMD cards since that's the bulk of what everyone that's reported a problem has.

Would be interesting to see if it happens with an Nvidia card. I'm going to tackle the Windows front later this week and installed Windows 7 x86 and see if it happens with that.

As an aside, I've been continuing to run XBMC version 9.11 with no problems on Win 7 x64.
I too experience the same issue.
my setup:
XBMC 10.0
Dell Precission M4400
Processor : Intel® Core™2 Extreme CPU Q9300 @ 2.53GHz
Video Adapter : NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M (driver 267.17)
Memory : 8GB
OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1

I also have had this message:

WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available

I was getting buffering issues after upgrading to Dharma 10.0. I'm running the following setup:

XBMC 10.0
MOBO: ASRock N68-S
Processor : AMD Athlon X2 215 2.7GHz
GPU : Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7025
Memory: 4GB DDR2
HDD: 8 x SATA (Various sizes) attached through mobo and PCI-e/PCI cards
OS Name : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
Network: Hard wired through homeplugs

After trying various solutions i.e. testing all my hardware, reinstalling Windows, rolling back the software, the culprit turned out to be the PCI card and not the Dharma upgrade. The PCI card is either running the drive at the wrong speed (I don't think this is the case because 150mb/s should still be enough for HD content) or it's broken. When the HDD drive (containing the movies) is switched to a different SATA port the buffering issue disappears. Interestingly though, when I look at the xbmc.log file the "WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available" is still there but the video/audio plays flawlessly.

Bottom line, I think people having a problem with this error are probably having a hardware issue of some sort.. I hope this helps..

TBD
not sure if this helps, but it did in my setup...

The problems in my system were related to the GBe drivers W7U64 uses by default. I have an onboard controller with a Realtek chip. Switching to the older version of the Realtek GBe driver (you can simply switch back in the hardware manager) solved all my problems.
Even "Big Buck Bunny" - a relatively small file, never played without stuttering on any of my PCs - plays now absolutely flawless.
Kodi 18.7 on Windows 10 (2x)/FireTV Stick (5x)/Android (2x) | MariaDB 5 on Synology Diskstation DS115/DS216+II
I don't want to jinx it but... I haven't had any problem with 10.1 so far :-P
Oh OK... I shouldn't have said anything. It happens to me again.
I think I have a the same problem. My movies and tv shows (all HD) freezes randomly. It could be several times in one movie, just once, or with days apart. It did not happend before, I don't recall when it started.

What happends is that both the picture and the sound freezes and I have to wait like 30-60 seconds and I get kicked back to main screen.

Have tried to debug log but nothing frooze when I had it on, going to try more when I got the time.

My Setup:

CPU: Intel Core I5 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
Graphic: Geforce 460 GTX 1024
Memory: 8GB DDR3 Memory
Systemdrive: Intel X25-M G2 80GB
HDDs: Five in varius 1 to 2 TB sizes.
Windows 7 x64 Enterprise.
XBMC 10.1.
I am having a very similar experience to some of the previous posts. While viewing a video it will randomly freeze, the audio will continue in a slowed down creepy fashion for 30 to 60 seconds then it will go back to normal. During this time the entire computer is locked-up. The videos I'm having the issue with so far all seem to be .avi, so I will have to do more testing with other formats. I've also tried playing some of the same files with VLC and had the same result which makes me think this could be a problem with Windows or a driver. Below are two separate logs from different days where the problem occurs. I'm getting increasingly frustrated and any help would be much appreciated.

Acer Aspire Revo:
Window 7 64-bit (SP1)
Intel Atom 330/1.6 GHz Dual-Core
2 GB of DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA ION/533 MHz/Driver Version 8.17.12.6724
NVIDIA High Definition Audio/Driver Version 1.1.13.1
Realtek High Definitions Audio/Driver Version 6.0.1.5898
XBMC Dharma 10.1

http://pastebin.com/E90RsaD9

http://pastebin.com/TUNBT8YJ
I'm certainly no expert, I read some of the forum posts and just get floored with the level of technical knowledge some of you guys have gained. I'm also not completely helpless myself, I've been able to successfully figure out most problems I've run across from getting those old DOS games to run to modding the new ones. I ran a media center on my projector with DVR capabilities using Showshifter years ago and have been developing my HTPC capabilities ever since. I have been experiencing similar video playback issues with the new Dharma release. I suspect that it has something to do with my HDMI connection. The DVI HDCP handshake I believe. I think that the new Dharma has a buggy WASAPI feature that causes these intermittent signal losses. I really hate having to go back to 9.11 since it doesn't seem to be supported any longer. My scrapers only marginally work and I do miss all the bells and whistles of the latest release, but when it comes down to it the purpose of the media center is to play the files and if anything affects that performance then it's no longer doing what it was intended for. I love scrolling though my movies and impressing my friends and neighbors with my XBMC but if things ever got to the point that I couldn't enjoy my media I would just run VLC in fullscreen and double click my movies from Windows Explorer. I for one will continue to test new releases in hopes that they will work with my system but will keep my 9.11 file handy in order to rollback. I've searched the forums and found this to be a prevalent issue with many suggestions and no real solutions. Part of the problem is that we are running this software on such a wide variety of configurations that it's next to impossible to identify what could be causing one system to fail and another to thrive. I applaud the developers and the community for such a labor of love. If you approached any of the electronics manufactures and suggested they develop software under these circumstances they would throw you out on your ear because they know it would be unthinkable for them to even contemplate. What has been done here with a piece of discarded Microsoft software is awe inspiring, just look at Microsoft's own attempts and pat yourselves on the back as you laugh.
Seems this has been around for over 6 months, anyone find a fix for it yet? Can't seem to get through a 40 min video without it freezing about 5 times for up to 10 minutes a piece, have been using VLC lately Sad
i got the same issue. Random freeze and if u try to pause or play xmbc crashes. I have tried it on 3 diffrent computers same on all.
I had this problem pretty regularly for quite some time, and it was incredibly annoying, so I feel all your pain. Eventually I got it fixed though, and after endless fiddling I think what did it for me was disabling Aero in Windows 7. It's very easy to do:

- Right click the Desktop
- Click Personalize
- Under 'Basic and High Contrast Themes, click 'Windows 7 Basic'

Since doing so, the problem has yet to return. I've been running Dharma 10.1 flawlessly (and heavily) for the past 5 months. I do have DXVA off (I don't really need it), and I'm slightly afraid to turn it back on because I thought at one point it was contributing to the problem.

However, I am pretty confident that disabling Aero might make a difference for some of you, so give it a shot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win 7 64 - Random freezing during playback0