• 2(current)
Aksala
I'm also planning on revamping the colour XML to use only 4 basic font colours to make modding even quicker and easier.
Hitcher Wrote:Filter.png is used for the Settings screen and when you bring up a context menu
Filter2.png is the global filter used pretty much everywhere else
Filter3.png is used solely for Pictures to allow them to be more visible than the standard fanart
Thanks for the info. Smile
Hitcher Wrote:I'm also planning on revamping the colour XML to use only 4 basic font colours to make modding even quicker and easier.
Sounds like a good idea. Nod
Hitcher Wrote:It's a combination of that and the <colordiffuse>PosterDiffuse</colordiffuse> tags in the other image controls.

Well, I've made the "postermatte.png" black, changed the value of "<color name="PosterDiffuse">" to "CC000000" but all it does is make the posters black, including the one in focus. Sad
If I revert "postermatte.png" to white and change the value of "<color name="PosterDiffuse">" to "CCFFFFFF", it works and doesn't affect the poster in focus. Oo
Unless I'm mistaken, "CC" represents the level of transparency and "FFFFFF" the colour to be made transparent.
Why doesn't it work with a black image with a value of "CC000000" then? Huh
I can see what the problem is now - I didn't add a diffuse colour control to the non-focused matte textures.
Fixed for next update and available now in GoogleCode.
Hitcher Wrote:I can see what the problem is now - I didn't add a diffuse colour control to the non-focused matte textures.
Thanks, Hitcher, I appreciate it. Smile
Sad 
Hitcher Wrote:I can see what the problem is now - I didn't add a diffuse colour control to the non-focused matte textures.
I give up, for now. Shame, it'd only require a few tweaks. :/

It needs for the out-of-focus images posters to be darkened, less on the "Panel Tall" view where all the posters should be clearly visible.
What it could look like...

Sweet Jesus.

How can it get it? Either one of those looks really good. I also have the problem with the Plasma making some noise when displaying bright images. The dark version is also a little easier on the eyes.
alexandergoll Wrote:Sweet Jesus.

How can it get it? Either one of those looks really good. I also have the problem with the Plasma making some noise when displaying bright images. The dark version is also a little easier on the eyes.
I could upload it and send you the link via pm. Wink

Keep in mind it's not based on the updated version of Alaska Revisited (2.2.0) and, while not buggy, it could do with some tweaks. Nod

Would that be ok?
I understand Hitcher added the control for the posters now as required by you and it might now be finishable. Maybe you find some more time to look into

If not it would be nice to explain the changes necessary to the skin in order to achieve a different set of colors, so anyone is able to do it. There might be even more colors mds available if the basics are being laid out.

Although i am not sure what the general view on "color mods" is. Maybe Hitcher would not be pleased if dozens of different coloured Alaskas pop up.

Especially the last three pictures look awesome.
It would be a shame for this to die. This is gorgeous. Props to Hitcher for building such a brilliant foundation for this to be built upon.
Thank you both for the positive feedback, I appreciate it. Smile
alexandergoll Wrote:I understand Hitcher added the control for the posters now as required by you and it might now be finishable. Maybe you find some more time to look into...
If not it would be nice to explain the changes necessary to the skin in order to achieve a different set of colors, so anyone is able to do it. There might be even more colors mds available if the basics are being laid out.
I don't have much spare time (two jobs, two bands and a business I'm trying to start), but I'll see what I can do. Wink
alexandergoll Wrote:Although i am not sure what the general view on "color mods" is. Maybe Hitcher would not be pleased if dozens of different coloured Alaskas pop up.
He seems to approve of Aksala and, unless I misunderstood, apparently someone is working on coloured versions of Alaska. Wink
Constructacon Wrote:It would be a shame for this to die.
It's not going die No , it's just going to evolve slowly. Wink

Constructacon Wrote:Props to Hitcher for building such a brilliant foundation for this to be built upon.
+1 Nod
alexandergoll Wrote:Although i am not sure what the general view on "color mods" is. Maybe Hitcher would not be pleased if dozens of different coloured Alaskas pop up.
As long as they're of a good enough standard (as this clearly is) then I can add them to Alaska Revisited as themes.
Hitcher Wrote:As long as they're of a good enough standard (as this clearly is) then I can add them to Alaska Revisited as themes.

Oh yes, please do. I like it a lot and it will even save me some money since a plasma uses a lot more power when on a white screen.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aksala0