[LIVE/LINUX] 29.970 FPS issues [REVO]
Sad 
Hi all,

I have a REVO 3610 and I am having real problems with MKVs which are using 29.970 FPS and VC-1 video format.

Basically, I try to start them and it doesnt change refresh rates and leaves me on a blank screen. when I do get them to run, they run for about 30 seconds only (coincidence at 60hz?)

This is a real problem as I have ripped a lot of my owned HD-DVDs which use this format.

i am using XBMC 10.0 (Dharma)

I have run a log but cannot find any references to the lack of screen refresh changes or even the video format etc etc.

I have a chrystal HD installed in this machine as well.

Paste bin is

http://pastebin.com/CvD2n6qw

Any help at all? all others play fine..This is the only bit I can find relating to the VID.

My TV supports all refresh including 30hz but I dont know how to force it under advancedsettings.xml

Cheers in advance

Grog
Have you changed xorg.conf at all? Maybe it's not configured properly to handle the modes your tv has available. I know everytime I update my video driver I have to fix the xorg. Post up your xorg.conf and we can have a look at it.
I dunno how to do that.

I will look into it and drop a copy here if I am successful. in the meantime, any advice is always welcome...

cheers

Grog
Code:
DEBUG: CrystalHD: No timestamp detected: 48515950560000
Looks like an issue with the chd decoder.
will try removing the chrystal card and run vdpau only.

Found the xorg.conf andhow to edit (i think) just dont know what to put in other than :

SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1920x1080_60.00"
EndSubSection

is this right?

Horizontal is 67.5hz and vertical is 60.00 according to the specs for my samsung 55inch ledlcd

ahwell - we continue to try...

Grog
You don't have to remove the entire card, just turn off chd acceleration in the video settings.
no difference as such with chrystal HD removed - started changing a couple of things...can now get reasonable playback but still have issues with transformers (which oddly isnt a VC-1 but is 29.970 then flips to 23.9)

Changed syncing to Video clock (dedupe audio) with better results. still have some problems though.

Something called a discontinuity?

See below.

Grog.

http://pastebin.com/Zi3jMziA
This is looking more and more like an xorg.conf issue. same occurences in windows etc etc. also looks like the chrystal decoder isnt living nicely with VDPAU as I get better outcomes with the card removed completely.

time to start investigating how to override the refresh rates as my TV will handle "Everything" as I tested it all out under the Nvidia driver in windows.

Any help to specifically override 29.970 fps and stop the system dropping to 24fps refresh rate would be welcomed.

Grog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE/LINUX] 29.970 FPS issues [REVO]0