[AppleTV] Crystalbuntu no sound ATV?
Hi all.

Getting some great results for crystalbuntu running from a stick.

However no sound?

I guess my system could be a bit unusual but not that weird. I have HDMI to DVI cable as my tv has no hdmi. So this supplies video. I then attach phono leads from the ATV to the TV for sound. Worked fine in the ELEC stick install and on the standard ATV but not on crystalubuntu

I tried all settings in the audio under system with no luck.

Am I doing something wrong here?
Have you told it to downmix audio to stereo? If it's coming in as DD / DTS, I don't know if it'll automatically downmix it. Make sure you've told it that your receiver can't handle surround-sound modes too.

Pretty-much a guess, but it's the most likely thing I can think of off the top of my head.
No thats not the problem. I just think this version on the stick does not understand my configuration of HDMI and audio ports. I am surprised the phono outputs arn't just on by default.

No sound works, system noises or anything so its not downmix.
OK after a bit of playing it turns out to just be menus that don;t do sound so I can live with that.

However the version of XBMC on the thumbdrive is quite old, before addons.

Am I able to shh into the appletv to upload skins or anything.

Sorry to ask but the main thread is 101 pages long.
OK I got in but don't have permission to upload anything to the stick? I take it this is going to be a complicated sudo terminal affair?

I have to say the crystal HD playback is totally fantastic, easily as good as the main mac mini downstairs. The very best I have seen it on ATV. I had all but given up hope.

The xbmc is from March, so goes to show latest is not always best!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Crystalbuntu no sound ATV?0