How to make things "popup" when press down etc.
I am trying to make a thing work. I want a menu to hide in default but popup when you press the down key, this is present in alot of skin but I can't find any info on how to do it since I'm a total noob in skinning and learn everything as I go along.

So how do you do it? What's the <visible> tags etc?
check skin developement in the wiki Wink
you could make a button

Code:
<control type="button" id="7007">
                <onleft>50</onleft>
                <onright>50</onright>
                <onup>50</onup>
                <ondown>50</ondown>
                <description>Fake button for plot control top</description>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>25</posy>
                <width>225</width>
                <height>32 </height>
                <label>-</label>
                <font>-</font>
                <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
                <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
                <visible>true</visible>
            </control>
and add this tag to what you are trying to pop up
Code:
<visible>Control.HasFocus(7007)</visible>

this is just a general suggestion you'll need to experiment and expand the code to fit your needs
Thanks for your help, but that button, where is that, does the position tags even make any difference if your doing something like this? Sorry, I'm that kinda guy who want to know a whole lot before I understand anything, the "whole picture" you know Tongue
frellAn Wrote:Thanks for your help, but that button, where is that, does the position tags even make any difference if your doing something like this? Sorry, I'm that kinda guy who want to know a whole lot before I understand anything, the "whole picture" you know Tongue

Yes the button will be present but not seen if coded this way, so you may want to make it very small or position it of screen if you do not want it focused by a mouse pointer, There may be better ways to do this. Check the wiki and other skins for examples.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to make things "popup" when press down etc.0