Video progress bar (amount cached)
is there an established way to do this?
ie. in the player display the amount cached of a streamed video?

i'm downloading the .avi file from url with python code, and then telling xbmc player to open it from path as it's downloading. the host does not allow skipping forward + backward, which is why i'm caching.

i searched quite extensively for an answer, and i'm quite amazed if this isn't a feature of xbmc, as almost every flash web player has a cached video progress bar.
I know that JezzX has progress bar and text progress under caching in his skins. Not sure if this is a built in xbmc skin engine feauter or xbmc feature though.

You should ask in the skinning development forum, maybe someone there has more info on have they do it in their skins.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10779
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanks topsf2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video progress bar (amount cached)0