Python Engine version for the upcoming XBMC 11.0 release?
hello ;-)

Are the plans for the exact python version that will be included in 11.0 allready made ?

- The release 10.0 is IMHO a great milestone with the new addon-system
but will the addons for 10.0 running on 11.0 without any modifications ?

- I see that a lot of external python tools needs a newer python than 2.4

Regards Hans
11.0 will be moved to system python of the 2.x flavor, so likely 2.7. and no, we will likely require some mods to run old add-ons - we will keep you posted.
Thanks for the info .-)

I guess a jump to Python 2.7 doesn't need so high attention than a jump to Python 3.X
Regards Hans
When we have moved to external python moving to 3.0 should hopefully be much less painful, might be worth doing that after moving to 2.x to avoid unnecessary addon problems.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
How would addons written in different programming languages ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
CrashX Wrote:How would addons written in different programming languages ?

Currently we only allow python really. Eden will change this with binary addons though. And each addon will depend on the interpreter it needs. Details are still being sketched.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:Currently we only allow python really. Eden will change this with binary addons though. And each addon will depend on the interpreter it needs. Details are still being sketched.
python is fairly powerful anyway. IMO its enough for video plugins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python Engine version for the upcoming XBMC 11.0 release?0